The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Y’know,  you’d (probably) be a better poster if you dumped the exaggeration and hyperbole hyperbollocks and did what you trumpet about doing but often don’t, ie stick to the facts. For example:

despite your shrieks of disapproval” -  Really?? Last time I shrieked was in Florida in 2001, when the Summit Plummet waterslide at Blizzard Beach gave me the mother of all wedgies that felt like my arse was balancing on the business end of a meat cleaver. Nothing, but nothing, on these threads, or about fitba’ in general, is important enough to have me shrieking. What you’re referring to is me putting forward my opinions in a level-headed and balanced way; stop trying to deflect from that with your usual nonsense.

”Hopkin and/or the club has made a complete arse of the task of putting a central defence together.”    It’s true that we could, should, be in a better state defensively by now. What are the reasons though? We’re obviously offering less money than before, can’t blame anyone for going elsewhere to make a better living (see Tidser, Michael). We’ve had players on trial, some I think still are, some have been discounted, some have accepted offers elsewhere. We’re reaching the stage where the loan market is about to come into play. Fact is, we don’t know how much activity is going on behind the scenes. To definitively state that “they’ve made an arse of it” is just bollocks because you do not know any more than the rest of us.

“we did nothing for a whole month until someone finally checked the calendar, saw that the first compeittive game was in ten days' time and so here we are, rummaging in the clearance bin for jobbers.”  Surely you don’t believe they did nothing for a month??  You’ve no idea what they were doing and who may, or may not, be likely to come here. More biased bollocks.

”And if you believe that the manager's judgment cannot be questioned right now”    -   Of course it can, and I have never believed or stated otherwise. What I DO do is look calmly at the bigger picture. I’m not defending the management in this post, I’m countering the bollocks and over-reaction in your  post because it’s way over the top. In my opinion. Tone it down and your stuff might be worth reading. Maybe.

Too long; didn't read. 

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Is that what happened? Or did we not offer enough money to make him go full-time ?

If McGeever wanted to stay part-time, then he could have found a dozen better clubs to sign for than Dumbarton right now. But none of them actually wanted him, because he is a useless haddy. Thanks for playing anyway. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If McGeever wanted to stay part-time, then he could have found a dozen better clubs to sign for than Dumbarton right now. But none of them actually wanted him, because he is a useless haddy. Thanks for playing anyway. 

😂

1 hour ago, cappiecat said:

Rudolph, this is a football forum, you're not phoning instructions to him on Babestation for fuxsake!

How do you stay hard waiting for your dreamboat's next posts?

tl; dr. 

Anyway... glad we haven’t signed McGeever, but the suggestion we offered him a deal is horrific...

As for Hopkin, it’s fair to point out that the budget has been cut and that his job isn’t easy... but that doesn’t mean it isn’t his job; needs to pull something out the bag here, loans or otherwise. A keeper and at least three defenders to come and the majority need to be better than what we already have.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

We’re surely not going to sign another goalkeeper. Three centre backs will be it.

I’m getting flashbacks to having Darren Barr and Conor McManus at centre back the last time we were at Fir Park. Hopefully a decent loanee appears from somewhere, because I doubt we’re going to stretch to Gavin Gunning’s wages this time.

5 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Y’know,  you’d (probably) be a better poster if you dumped the exaggeration and hyperbole hyperbollocks and did what you trumpet about doing but often don’t, ie stick to the facts. For example:

despite your shrieks of disapproval” -  Really?? Last time I shrieked was in Florida in 2001, when the Summit Plummet waterslide at Blizzard Beach gave me the mother of all wedgies that felt like my arse was balancing on the business end of a meat cleaver.

What the f**k is wrong with you? 

4 hours ago, cappiecat said:

There are none so blind as those that will not see

It's a nice line, that;  I've used it on here myself in the past........  but only when it's actually been appropriate.  Where'd you find it? An out-of-date Christmas cracker, or something to do with your Babestation subscription maybe?

On 12/07/2019 at 22:16, TheGoon said:

Hopkin choosing to pass up on McGeever after his career-defining performance on Tuesday. Odd eh? 

Except he didn't pass up on him: he offered him a contract. The part time offer from Dumbarton suited him better.