The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

11 hours ago, madton said:

No chance for me, someone just starting a rumour that's gathered a bit of momentum! 

However,

If we do, I'll buy a season ticket there and then... 

Just said the same thing in work there. If Gunning signs I'll get a season ticket today.

On 13/07/2019 at 09:04, Colkitto said:

Is that what happened? Or did we not offer enough money to make him go full-time ?

Considering that Dumbarton appear to be offering players the equivalent of 3 ginger bottles and a penny mixture this season I'd be very surprised if Morton couldn't offer him something more tempting. As it is, I suspect VT is quite close to the truth.

Considering that Dumbarton appear to be offering players the equivalent of 3 ginger bottles and a penny mixture this season I'd be very surprised if Morton couldn't offer him something more tempting. As it is, I suspect VT is quite close to the truth.
The difference between part time and full time does not hinge solely on the respective offers of both clubs.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

The difference between part time and full time does not hinge solely on the respective offers of both clubs.

I get that, he may well have a handy job outside of football which makes part time more lucrative, but the likes of East Stirlingshire, Pollock and Cowdenbeath have outbid us for players this summer and we can't have had too much room in the budget on Friday evening to offer McGeever anything substantial. It's likely we were his only offer IMO.

1 hour ago, madton said:

McLean finally signs

How has he looked for you guys? 

He certainly improved our defensive record last year but I felt some of his decision making/positioning was weird. He was also slower than Jim Duffy operating within a transfer window. I thought he looked steady enough for League 1 and wouldn't have been disappointed if we kept him, but I didn't see him making the step up to this league.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

How has he looked for you guys? 

He certainly improved our defensive record last year but I felt some of his decision making/positioning was weird. He was also slower than Jim Duffy operating within a transfer window. I thought he looked steady enough for League 1 and wouldn't have been disappointed if we kept him, but I didn't see him making the step up to this league.

He’s looked competent enough. Nothing exciting though. If he didn’t look like he’d be first choice I think more fans would be happy with it. Do Dumbarton have a full XI for tomorrow then? 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

He’s looked competent enough. Nothing exciting though. If he didn’t look like he’d be first choice I think more fans would be happy with it. Do Dumbarton have a full XI for tomorrow then? 

We do, 18 signed at the moment, although I think 4 or 5 are out injured.

1 hour ago, Rock Hudson said:

How’s the ticket purchasing system operating at your place now gents?
Last time I was over it took 15-20 mins to get to the front of the queue.
Just wondering how long to allow for it tonight.

Nothing's changed.