The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😄 You missed out "irony".

I think I can see why. 

In what way is a lame 'joke' based on a username irony?

You lecturing anyone about irony however...

Edited by cappiecat

It’s obviously a gamble with his injury record and only playing 10 games last season, but even at that it’s less of a gamble than some of the centre backs we’ve had on trial. I’d rather take a shot on a player who was good enough for this level before his injuries than resort to someone who was never good enough and just got punted by Brechin after two successive relegations.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It’s obviously a gamble with his injury record and only playing 10 games last season, but even at that it’s less of a gamble than some of the centre backs we’ve had on trial. I’d rather take a shot on a player who was good enough for this level before his injuries than resort to someone who was never good enough and just got punted by Brechin after two successive relegations.

Aye agreed. I'm sure we have put him through a medical, the same one which highlighted Waddells injury so hopefully he is fit to play straight away. 

Curious to know if it was injuries or form which prevented him from playing too much last season. 

Happy to take the slight gamble as you say! 

Guest Ecosse83

Good luck to Peter Grant. Genuinely thought he was going onto big things before his injury but just never came back the same player. Still young though and if a run of games gets him back to anywhere near his old form he will be a cracking signing for Morton. 

Genuinely sorry to type this but he is a shadow. No longer dominant in the air and constantly shelling the ball out of play. Or at least thats how he left us.

I have rarely hoped to be wrong about a player signing for another club. Would absolutely love to see him getting back to his best but he is more than 3 years removed from it now. A real real shame.

Yous will at the very least appreciates the way he tries to play even if it doesnt work.

Aye agreed. I'm sure we have put him through a medical, the same one which highlighted Waddells injury so hopefully he is fit to play straight away. 
Curious to know if it was injuries or form which prevented him from playing too much last season. 
Happy to take the slight gamble as you say! 

What happened with Kerr?

He's obviously got a bit of quality about him. Injuries haven't helped over the last couple of years. 

If he's fit I'm sure the quality will shine through again. It's a fresh start for the lad so I hope he gets back to the player we know he can be.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

He's obviously got a bit of quality about him. Injuries haven't helped over the last couple of years. 

If he's fit I'm sure the quality will shine through again. It's a fresh start for the lad so I hope he gets back to the player we know he can be.

Depends what you mean by quality? He's not and never was a ball playing type of centre back. Good in the air and tackle though and dominated most forwards that he played against which is what you want in a defender of course. Remember that Gasparotto boy that we both had? Peter Grant was 63,000,000 times better!

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Peter Grant signs on at Morton

D-8nWR9X4AAgH85.jpg

Great player before the innocuous looking injury. Never the same afterwards, real shame as the lad looked like he was destined for a great career. Wish him well though, really top bloke aswell. 

40 minutes ago, bad chad said:

MaybeGrant wasn't helped by playing on 4G pitches? 

Well, the injury didn't happen on a 4G pitch if that's what you're implying? Whether it was subsequently exacerbated by them is open to debate.