The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

57 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

He is rumoured to be signing for Alloa soon …. 

He never really cut it at Morton, but did well at Dumbarton.  If he can find his form you could have a decent player there

2 minutes ago, Jani_Uotinen said:

IMG_0509.jpg

Bench:

Pearson (GK)
Hynes
McHugh
Dykes
McAlister
New
New

Probably not far off but I would surprised if Orsi comes in and is a starter early on. Would much prefer a better option there ( Nesbitt)  and Orsi can slowly make an impact from the bench if indeed he is good enough.

Likewise with Strapp, whilst i hope he breaks through, we shouldn't bank on him being good enough at this stage and we really should have a more experienced option at left back alongside Strapp. ( I know Hopkin has mentioned Jacobs can cover defensively so perhaps that is in his thinking)

For me we still need 3 CB's, 1 LB, 1 AM and 1 striker. That would give us a squad of 19 with the option of a few reserves making the step up if we are struggling.

Probably not far off but I would surprised if Orsi comes in and is a starter early on. Would much prefer a better option there ( Nesbitt)  and Orsi can slowly make an impact from the bench if indeed he is good enough.
Likewise with Strapp, whilst i hope he breaks through, we shouldn't bank on him being good enough at this stage and we really should have a more experienced option at left back alongside Strapp. ( I know Hopkin has mentioned Jacobs can cover defensively so perhaps that is in his thinking)
For me we still need 3 CB's, 1 LB, 1 AM and 1 striker. That would give us a squad of 19 with the option of a few reserves making the step up if we are struggling.

Agree with all of that. Ideally we sign upgrades on Orsi and Salkeld and in desperate need of 3 solid centre backs.

9 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

looking at your line up their kinda reminds me of another team who rebuilt , you will be hoping that Hopkin isn't doing what Hartley did to Falkirk  hmmmm    :shutup

Still retained about 8  players from last year so its not a complete rebuild. Would imagine quite a few clubs will be in the same boat.

Last seasons squad only had about 6 players from the season before.

17 minutes ago, Jani_Uotinen said:

Agree with all of that. Ideally we sign upgrades on Orsi and Salkeld and in desperate need of 3 solid centre backs.

Think Salkeld will be a starter for us.

Seems to have a good reputation after performing well in the Conference last season and  apparently we beat a couple of League 2 clubs to get him. Doubt he is coming up here to sit on the bench!

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

Why would we have any knowledge about a player we binned last month?

Free agents thread for this pish.

didn't even know that, always thought he was regarded as a bit of a baller, seems not.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Think Salkeld will be a starter for us.

Seems to have a good reputation after performing well in the Conference last season and  apparently we beat a couple of League 2 clubs to get him. Doubt he is coming up here to sit on the bench!

Think we'll sign another wide player and use Salkeld in the middle.

Require another attacking/playmaker type in midfield

3 x CB's but think we'll only have 2 with either Jacobs or McAlister filling in

LB perhaps too. Strapp maybe given his chance. With again Jacobs or McAlister filling in

didn't even know that, always thought he was regarded as a bit of a baller, seems not.
McKinnon rates him. He dines out on his previous reputation as a youth at Rangers and the big fee Dundee Utd were forced to pay.

Largely disappointing last season, only turning up for the last few games.

In fact our board preferred to get a rinsing in the press by demanding we didn't play him in the last game leading to our management team leaving (which was a blessing) because we didn't want to be tied to giving him a new contract due to his clause.

We were unfortunately forced to offer Buchanan a new deal due to his clause but thankfully someone else decided to throw money at that greaseball.

any you lads heard anything on your end about Telfer perhaps coming to us?

Was good for us, dynamic & worth a goal or 2. Great finish at Firhill for a win after getting pumped for 45 mins. Beside Tidser, a quality signing in that league. We’re now left with Millar & McA🤷‍♂️