The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I see there’s no bragging about the Gregor Buchanan to Falkirk rumour. Possibly because they know he’s pish.

I’d have been really unhappy with that signing if we were still in the championship; however, he is more than capable for league 1. This signing makes sense in the fact he’s from Falkirk and matching your wages would probably be enough to seal it. The best I’ve seen him was probably in our last fixture. 

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I see there’s no bragging about the Gregor Buchanan to Falkirk rumour. Possibly because they know he’s pish.

cause it's all about tids x

can't even imagine the implosion from Morton fans if he comes.

Edited by sick boy

14 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

7 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I’d have been really unhappy with that signing if we were still in the championship; however, he is more than capable for league 1. This signing makes sense in the fact he’s from Falkirk and matching your wages would probably be enough to seal it. The best I’ve seen him was probably in our last fixture. 

This. He’s a solid signing for league 1 and is probably getting offered a year with Morton but two years with us.

7 minutes ago, sick boy said:

cause it's all about tids x

can't even imagine the implosion from Morton fans if he comes.

Doubt there will be one.

Will be disappointing, but we know our budget is tight this year and with Falkirk offering him 4 figures, we can't compete with that.( unless Sandy funds it).

There are 3/4 other clubs interested too so chances of him staying would be based on him getting a testimonial and i'm not sure how financially beneficial that would be for him.

If he stays brilliant, but I'm expecting him to move on.

7 minutes ago, madton said:

Doubt there will be one.

Will be disappointing, but we know our budget is tight this year and with Falkirk offering him 4 figures, we can't compete with that.( unless Sandy funds it).

There are 3/4 other clubs interested too so chances of him staying would be based on him getting a testimonial and i'm not sure how financially beneficial that would be for him.

If he stays brilliant, but I'm expecting him to move on.

I doubt we will be offering four figures but you probably know our budget better than me.

Yeah, even if he doesn’t go to Falkirk he’s probably more likely to be going to Dundee, Hamilton or someone around that stature who can also outbid us rather than staying. If he stays it’s a bonus but I’m not expecting anything.

As for Buchanan, he probably will be fine in League One, although he was part of the hilarious farce of a Dunfermline team which finished 7th. Falkirk are doing us a big favour if they do sign him as we’ve been compelled to offer an extension and you won’t find many people who’d have chosen to, although Hopkin did have him at Livingston as well so possibly sees something in him.

Buchanan is a strange one for me. When he signed last season I thought we had a player on our hands. I had always rated him as he always had very decent games against us.

But over the season I thought he was capable of much much more than he offered. Only the odd occasion did I witness the player I thought he could be.

Wouldn't be disappointed if he re-signed, but wouldn't be overly fussed if he left.  

35 minutes ago, madton said:

Doubt there will be one. 

you talk so much pish, every single Morton fan is begging him to stay underneath every Morton tweet. 

you would be absolutely rattled if he came to us.

14 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Buchanan is a strange one for me. When he signed last season I thought we had a player on our hands. I had always rated him as he always had very decent games against us.

But over the season I thought he was capable of much much more than he offered. Only the odd occasion did I witness the player I thought he could be.

Wouldn't be disappointed if he re-signed, but wouldn't be overly fussed if he left.  

he had some game vs us at TFS the second time.

44 minutes ago, sick boy said:

you talk so much pish, every single Morton fan is begging him to stay underneath every Morton tweet. 

you would be absolutely rattled if he came to us.

Why would it rattle us that Tidser is playing in League 1? Would save us from having to play against him! 

Any Morton fan who expects Tidser to stay is aff their heed (still, fingers crossed)

Edited by KabbaCharming