The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:
4 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
Whut, you think Thomson's better than Telfer?

Well no, he clearly read your post beyond the first line when it descended into muck.

3 hours ago, cappiecat said:

I think it's more to do with what you posted in the hidden content box.

When I read it I felt a little sick and it made my skin crawl. Cringe factor 10.

Whut, you don’t like the idea of a Dumbarton team full of ex-Morton players scudding Falkirk in League One?

13 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Whut, you don’t like the idea of a Dumbarton team full of ex-Morton players scudding Falkirk in League One?

No, what made me cringe was you being a self inflated condescending p***k.

Edited by cappiecat

It sounds as if Thomson will want to go part-time as he juggles his football with his other career.

Jacobs is someone I've liked anytime I've seen him. Happy enough with that signing. Obviously Hoppy knows him well too from Livi  

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

It sounds as if Thomson will want to go part-time as he juggles his football with his other career.

Jacobs is someone I've liked anytime I've seen him. Happy enough with that signing. Obviously Hoppy knows him well too from Livi  

Looked quite good against us in the last game at Palmerston. Suggests, though, that at least one of the experienced mids we're waiting to hear about will definitely be away.

Looked quite good against us in the last game at Palmerston. Suggests, though, that at least one of the experienced mids we're waiting to hear about will definitely be away.
Suggests nothing of the sort.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:
12 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Suggests nothing of the sort.

Do you reckon we’re going to go into the new season with 6 cm’s in our squad on a reduced budget? Doubt it. 

Do you reckon we’re going to go into the new season with 6 cm’s in our squad on a reduced budget? Doubt it. 
McAlister hadn't played Central mid for most of the last season. We don't have a Midfielder of the type of Jacobs which we need. He has also been touted as defensive cover.

So, IF Tidser signs, yes. If not, no, 1 less.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

So, IF Tidser signs, yes. If not, no, 1 less.

Meaning one of the experienced centre-mids would be away. If it isn't Tidser, it's likely to be one of the other two: can't see how we're going to afford Tidser, Millar, and McAllister. Unless Hopkin has a get-out-of-jail card ready for D. Dykes.

On the other hand, if Hopkin's planning to keep McAllister as a centre-half, I'll greet.

7 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Did Hopkin give the guys with deals on the table a deadline to get back to him by?

Was supposed to be last night, was certainly the case with Thomson anyway. Unsure what’s happening with McHugh & Tidser.

Meaning one of the experienced centre-mids would be away. If it isn't Tidser, it's likely to be one of the other two: can't see how we're going to afford Tidser, Millar, and McAllister. Unless Hopkin has a get-out-of-jail card ready for D. Dykes.
On the other hand, if Hopkin's planning to keep McAllister as a centre-half, I'll greet.
That's out of our hands. We WANT Tidser. We NEEDED a player like Jacobs. We're STUCK with Dykes. We are OBLIGATED to offer to Millar and McAlister. And we have high hopes for Lyon.

We will deal with how it ends up should they all accept.

But yes, McAlister is likely to be nowhere near centre mid. Doubt centre back either but his versatility is useful, as is Jacobs'.

Was supposed to be last night, was certainly the case with Thomson anyway. Unsure what’s happening with McHugh & Tidser.
Wednesday was quoted as the deadline for those given their auto extension offer.

For the other offers, it was listed separately and we said "we expect to receive their answers in the coming days."

For Tidser, it's whenever he wishes.