The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Wouldn't be surprised if Oliver ended up PT - he's not very good. Had a promising start with us but he really should've produced more in the past 18 months or so. 

Somewhat sad to see Kilday gone. I don't ever doubt his effort, but he just never looked the same after his injury and releasing him is the correct call.

With him and Gaston gone I think everyone who were here at the start of Duffy's time with us now left the club. 

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Injured on the 15th of September and never seen again. Rumours suggesting his back is fucked and his footballing career could be over.

Surely didn’t injure it on the railways :huh:

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Nope, during our match with Montrose. He's been working on the railways without issue.

A shame if his career is over, really nice guy. 

Genuinely  gutted his second spell with us went tits up.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Injured on the 15th of September and never seen again. Rumours suggesting his back is fucked and his footballing career could be over.

That's a shame, was a very good player for us in his day.

No great surprises but would have kept Telfer if Hoppy could improve his fitness. Maybe cash an issue.

Best wishes to Kilday. Oliver dived to much when in reasonable positions cheerio!

Yes it's now about who we bring in.

Telfer for Thomson and I'd have been pleased with that so far. Have to imagine that Hopkin thinks he can get more out of the tall guy with a half-decent touch, but I'm not convinced. Expect the signings to come might see one or two (or five or six) physical boys coming in.

Sad to see Kilday gone, but it's probably right: wee touch of class about him, but physically on the way down at a fairly young age. Not entirely convinced we will do better, but let's see.

What I am convinced about is that Gaston, Kilday, and Oliver riding the f**k out of Fa'kirk in Dumbarton* taps** would be absolutely fuckin glorious. Make that happen, Duff.

Spoiler

* We wouldn't even have to do the portmanteau thing combine two words... DumbarTON... beautiful in its own way.

** For any Fa'kirk fans looking in, Dumbarton will be wearing the Dumbarton taps, not your lot attempting some kind of cunning disguise after this season's utter humiliation. Not a bad idea, though...

6 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Telfer for Thomson and I'd have been pleased with that so far. Have to imagine that Hopkin thinks he can get more out of the tall guy with a half-decent touch, but I'm not convinced. Expect the signings to come might see one or two (or five or six) physical boys coming in.

Sad to see Kilday gone, but it's probably right: wee touch of class about him, but physically on the way down at a fairly young age. Not entirely convinced we will do better, but let's see.

What I am convinced about is that Gaston, Kilday, and Oliver riding the f**k out of Fa'kirk in Dumbarton* taps** would be absolutely fuckin glorious. Make that happen, Duff.

Hide contents

* We wouldn't even have to do the portmanteau thing combine two words... DumbarTON... beautiful in its own way.

** For any Fa'kirk fans looking in, Dumbarton will be wearing the Dumbarton taps, not your lot attempting some kind of cunning disguise after this season's utter humiliation. Not a bad idea, though...

That post was brutal, mate.

12 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Reveal hidden contents

Eh?

3 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Eh?

I'd have let him go, no doubt, but I'm trying to think what use Hopkin might have for him... managers at this level love a big guy and will make all sorts of allowances for their shite performances under other managers. And his touch ain't the worst.

Anyway, let's hope the offer is low and he can do better somewhere else.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Whut, you think Thomson's better than Telfer?

I think it's more to do with what you posted in the hidden content box.

When I read it I felt a little sick and it made my skin crawl. Cringe factor 10.