The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Jamie_M said:

^^^^^
Annoyed because Dundee hate us more than his own insignificant rabble.

Also must piss Granny Danger that Dundee is the bigger club in the city.

Hopefully just across the water to meet with his old pal Jim and his glove supplier Jamie.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Gats heading to Dumbarton or even back to Albion. However I'm sure the likes of Arbroath or Alloa would be quite keen to pick him up also. A solid keeper (prone to the odd bit of madness) but has won us more points than I'd like to remember.

7 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gats heading to Dumbarton or even back to Albion. However I'm sure the likes of Arbroath or Alloa would be quite keen to pick him up also. A solid keeper (prone to the odd bit of madness) but has won us more points than I'd like to remember.

Aye, I'm sure we'd have a fight on our hands for him. Duffy, Ewings, Brennan and Forbes will all know Gaston well though, and after the season of goalkeeping we've just watched (5 different keepers, Conor Brennan being the most competent yet only played 2 games for us), Gaston will be like watching Oliver Kahn in his prime.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I'm sure we'd have a fight on our hands for him. Duffy, Ewings, Brennan and Forbes will all know Gaston well though, and after the season of goalkeeping we've just watched (5 different keepers, Conor Brennan being the most competent yet only played 2 games for us), Gaston will be like watching Oliver Kahn in his prime.

Gaston is a very capable keeper. I'm sure he won't struggle for offers. Wouldn't surprise me if he went part-time either - might suit him

The difference between ourselves and the likes of Arbroath and Alloa is that we have a number 1 slot he can make his own without much competition. I suppose it depends whether he fancies guaranteed first team football or a better wage at a club where he will likely start off as a number 2.

I've no idea about the goalkeeping situation at Falkirk or Raith but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them taking a punt on him.

Leaving:  Iredale. Gaston. Oliver. McKeown. Johnstone. Armour. Telfer. Kilday.

Offers made to: Tidser. Strapp. McHugh. Thomson.

Also waiting on answers from Millar, McAlister, Buchanan and Tumilty.

Bit sad to see Telfer go, but probably didn't do enough over the season. Kilday just never properly recovered from his injury, but with a good pre-season he could get back to his best? Not fussed about the rest.

Thomson will raise a few eyebrows as he just hasn't performed since we signed him. If Hoppy can get the player Dumbarton had (where he scored 13 goals in one season) then I'd be happy enough. Has injury hampered him? He's now had an op so who knows?

McHugh hasn't been played in the right position for us. He's a penalty box striker and if you get the ball to him in there he'll score.

I'm fine with those who have contracts triggered. Hope they all agree to come back again for this season. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We'll just send a wee dingy across for these 4.

Iredale already signed for Carlisle and don't see Oliver going PT. Gaston though, if he is still wanting to do his Time Capsule job then Dumbarton would surely be perfect

1 minute ago, KabbaCharming said:

Iredale already signed for Carlisle and don't see Oliver going PT. Gaston though, if he is still wanting to do his Time Capsule job then Dumbarton would surely be perfect

We'll take McKeown then.  Has Oliver ever fancied a job on the railways?  Good money to be made.