The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Shree year deal though.... Is that a knee jerk to the McKinnon saga? Seems a long and possibly costly commitment

That's the bit that sticks out.

It'll be an interesting summer as a 3 year deal contradicts all the current uncertainty surrounding the club.   

I still think there's money coming from somewhere and my guess is the Easdales are financing Hopkins' contract. 

27 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

That's the bit that sticks out.

It'll be an interesting summer as a 3 year deal contradicts all the current uncertainty surrounding the club.   

I still think there's money coming from somewhere and my guess is the Easdales are financing Hopkins' contract. 

How does that work then, what's the money trail and what do they get for the £300,k

Guest Ecosse83

Quality appointment on the work he has done in Scotland so far. I wonder how that will affect the likes of Tidser (not expecting him at Falkirk now). Will he sign a new contract or will he still go elsewhere?

The only negative with Hopkin is the rumours that the assistant was pulling all the strings at Livingston, probably bullshit though. 

Fancy swapping Hopkin for McKinnon? :lol:

Quality appointment on the work he has done in Scotland so far. I wonder how that will affect the likes of Tidser (not expecting him at Falkirk now). Will he sign a new contract or will he still go elsewhere?
The only negative with Hopkin is the rumours that the assistant was pulling all the strings at Livingston, probably bullshit though. 
Fancy swapping Hopkin for McKinnon? [emoji38]
It's a rarity for Morton in an appointment that has been met with universal approval from all Morton fans. On the face of it, a bloody good appointment.

As for Tidser, he won't be short of offers. Dundee had made an offer to him, not sure if their relegation makes that more or less likely to follow through. Hope we make a compelling offer to at least be back in the mix but, unless the money was as ridiculous as reported and nobody gets close, can't see him following through with the PCA.

On 15/05/2019 at 11:09, Jamie_M said:

Keep up, you don't need one. You not learned anything?

You just need horrible clubs with incompetent lawyers in charge to get it oh so costly wrong.

Enjoy the trips to Stranraer, Peterhead and administration.

Calm down Jamie it was a joke.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

It’s been a vintage month all round.

d082eb68-ac02-4ab0-93b7-90444d382827.jpg

It  certainly is if its put an end to your incessant wineing about Hopkin. Hope the humble pie you're having to swallow to keep in with the big boys doesn't give you heartburn. 

Hypocrisy sits well with you. 

^^^ the man makes a good point. Hopkin is the best appointment we could hope for and had any chance of getting, and his assistant looks to have a good pedigree. And if it brings to a stop the irrational hatred of Hopkin that you were posting this time last year, and before and after, then it will have done all of P&B a favour. 

It  certainly is if its put an end to your incessant wineing about Hopkin. Hope the humble pie you're having to swallow to keep in with the big boys doesn't give you heartburn. 

Hypocrisy sits well with you. 

^^^ the man makes a good point. Hopkin is the best appointment we could hope for and had any chance of getting, and his assistant looks to have a good pedigree. And if it brings to a stop the irrational hatred of Hopkin that you were posting this time last year, and before and after, then it will have done all of P&B a favour. 

Morton fans united for once with a wee bit of positivity. Even VT on board.

Trust this pair of roasters to come and dampen the mood.