The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
8 minutes ago, Colkitto said:
I thought they had triggered the extension clause? 

Triggered. Reached the trigger point. Due an offer. Not guaranteed to sign.

Not sure I understand. How are they not guaranteed to sign if clause has been triggered?  

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Not sure I understand. How are they not guaranteed to sign if clause has been triggered?  

They can't be forced to sign a contract they don't want to sign. They'll get the offer. They don't have to sign it.

Because the offer might not be suitable to them. Is it guaranteed like for like terms? Do they feel they are due an increase? Do they want to stay? Have the a better offer from elsewhere?

They reached the trigger point which makes them eligible for a guaranteed offer of another year. Designed to provide some security.

Morton are obligated to offer it, they are not obligated to accept it and thus far, haven't (if the offer and talks have even taken place yet, it hadn't when it was first revealed that they had reached the trigger point).

Hopefully Dykes has a clause in his contract that Hoppy can come in and get him to f**k.....
Why talks even took place to extend his contract at that time is completely incomprehensible, as is actually giving him an extension.

Absolutely no idea how that could have come about or been allowed to happen.

Why would Dykes be stupid enough to accept a 'we get to punt you in the summer' clause in his contract? The only option is that the new manager - whoever they are - tells him in no uncertain terms that he won't be getting a game and to find a new club. If nobody wants to take him though then we'll be stuck with him or have to pay him off for no benefit to the club. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Why would Dykes be stupid enough to accept a 'we get to punt you in the summer' clause in his contract? The only option is that the new manager - whoever they are - tells him in no uncertain terms that he won't be getting a game and to find a new club. If nobody wants to take him though then we'll be stuck with him or have to pay him off for no benefit to the club. 

Guess sarcasm isn't as obvious as it could be...

Can I put money on Morton winning the playoffs next year?

I'm kinda saddened by this. Easily the best Livi manager of the last 15 years. rough time at Bradford, but that was entirely the board. Stunning appointment for you, might start off slowly but he's a wonderful manager and that's a coup for you.