The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Would be very surprised if it's not Hopkin, he's the perfect fit and hiring him would take the heat of Crawford for a bit. It's an appointment that almost all Morton fans would be fine with and wouldn't be outside Cappielow with the pitchforks an hour after the announcement. He's a Morton man who has shares in the club and a supporter, he's jobless and lets face it he's up against it to find another full time job going that's bigger than Morton, his last failed gig would have drained out the success he had at Livi.

On the back of all of that, it'll be Stevie Aitken.

I don't think the stint at Bradford will have too much of an effect on his reputation.

They were losing most games before he came in and they lost most of their games after he left. A troubled club with many problems it seems.. He did have a really poor start, but managed to improve them significantly and won 6 games out of 12 at one point.

Still think the job he done at Livvy means he prob could get a slightly bigger club than us but at this moment in time, we are the only job out there and i can't see anyone else getting it. It was all but agreed last time out, I can't see it not going through this time!

Guess if the application process throws up someone the club didn't expect to apply, then that might throw a spanner in the works but most likely it will be the usual candidates!

26 minutes ago, madton said:

I don't think the stint at Bradford will have too much of an effect on his reputation.

They were losing most games before he came in and they lost most of their games after he left. A troubled club with many problems it seems.. He did have a really poor start, but managed to improve them significantly and won 6 games out of 12 at one point.

Still think the job he done at Livvy means he prob could get a slightly bigger club than us but at this moment in time, we are the only job out there and i can't see anyone else getting it. It was all but agreed last time out, I can't see it not going through this time!

Guess if the application process throws up someone the club didn't expect to apply, then that might throw a spanner in the works but most likely it will be the usual candidates!

That's exactly what I was saying, at this moment in time there is probably not a bigger full time gig that he would get than us. If offered does he reject it and hold out for another job that may pop up 5-10 games into the new season, bit of a gamble but I don't think he's shy of money so that may come into it.

36 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Dave McKinnon of Dundee fame appointed as Chief Executive.

Gotta be better than Iron Man surely BUT I'm sure he's a regular drinker in the Cafe Continental, that alone should have raised alarm bells.

You have to think that someone, other than Crawford, is behind all of these movements. First, it was Hawke gone, followed by JJ and Houston. Now, within a few days we have a football-minded CEO and reportedly a new manager next week. Sounds like someone has cleaned house and is now building their own management team. All that doesn't strike me as a Crawford type pace or ruthlessness. The icing on the cake would be the signing of Tidser.

17 minutes ago, Waverley said:

You have to think that someone, other than Crawford, is behind all of these movements. First, it was Hawke gone, followed by JJ and Houston. Now, within a few days we have a football-minded CEO and reportedly a new manager next week. Sounds like someone has cleaned house and is now building their own management team. All that doesn't strike me as a Crawford type pace or ruthlessness. The icing on the cake would be the signing of Tidser.

Strong rumour of it being Easdale calling the shots on all these moves.  Wonder if we will get a takeover before the season starts?  

22 minutes ago, Waverley said:

Duffy was ruthlessly emptied at the end of last season and that was under Crawford's watch. I don't think it's quite as cut and dried as that. 

50 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Strong rumour of it being Easdale calling the shots on all these moves.  Wonder if we will get a takeover before the season starts?  

Don't they need to sell their Rangers shares to own anymore of Morton's? Based on that, hasn't Dave King structured in such a way it's more or less impossible for them to get out?

2 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Gotta be better than Iron Man surely BUT I'm sure he's a regular drinker in the Cafe Continental, that alone should have raised alarm bells.

:lol:   ffs.......

5 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Well it’s true, Cafe regulars are generally complete and utter roasters! He may be different but we should be aware!

With generalisations like that you’re beginning to come across as being as daft as your avatar.

26 minutes ago, boulderdomb said:

Don't they need to sell their Rangers shares to own anymore of Morton's? Based on that, hasn't Dave King structured in such a way it's more or less impossible for them to get out?

King won't buy the shares even after the Court instructed him to do so. Easdales told him they want out but so far he's not willing to buy

The Easdales can sell to whoever they like of course if someone wanted to buy. Don't know how feasibile but it has been suggested one Easdale brother sells to another thus freeing up one brother to buy Morton in a legal sense

14 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

King won't buy the shares even after the Court instructed him to do so. Easdales told him they want out but so far he's not willing to buy

The Easdales can sell to whoever they like of course if someone wanted to buy. Don't know how feasibile but it has been suggested one Easdale brother sells to another thus freeing up one brother to buy Morton in a legal sense

King eventually complied with the court’s instructions and made the offer, which the Easedales and some other shareholders said they were willing to accept. However, the total percentage of shares held by those willing to accept did not reach the trigger point needed to compel King to buy them out, so no shares changed hands on the back of that offer. Not that surprising since the share price on the open market was higher than that which King had to offer.