The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

The Board are responsible for the fact that JJ  inherited a striker less bunch of crocks and error riddled nearly men. Duffy is quite right to imply that the Board are clearly deluded if they think our rag bag squad were capable of anything thing better than a top five finish. 

The Board and its sustainability spreadsheet obsessed acolytes deserve to be binned as well. You know it makes sense but are too much of a sycophantic toad to say so. 

I sometimes disagree with a lot of of what Dunning posts - but, a "sycophantic toad"??      Behave yerself. 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

28 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

The Board are responsible for the fact that JJ  inherited a striker less bunch of crocks and error riddled nearly men. Duffy is quite right to imply that the Board are clearly deluded if they think our rag bag squad were capable of anything thing better than a top five finish. 

The Board and its sustainability spreadsheet obsessed acolytes deserve to be binned as well. You know it makes sense but are too much of a sycophantic toad to say so. 

Yeah, I’m well known for being a sycophantic happy clapper who never criticises anything Morton do. 6D1C32E8-EA77-4626-88C9-F8576610D309.png.62854b26470aaa389f8d092b98216711.png

We obviously need major changes in the boardroom, and as they’ve clearly lost interest the sooner Golden Casket are gone the better. There is actually a space for a range of opinions between being a sycophant to the board and your personal vandetta against individuals on it.

Hopkin in and Tidser re-signed before the end of May, please, then take it from there, on and off the pitch.

I’d also take McCrorie back, but that might be the one downside of the way Johansson went; hope it hasn’t fucked Telfer off, either, because he finally looked he part when fully fit

Tumilty, Iredale, Strapp, Kilday, Tidser, Lyon, McHugh to form the core of a squad. Telfer (see above). Unsure about both Millar and McAllister, mainly due to potential cost (and age) vis-a-vis other options, but both will most likely stay.

Wee persistent calf strain for Kiltie at he beginning of pre-season, meaning he falls out of the picture at Kille and has to return to the Ton at least until January.

Absolutely no fuckin idea where the rest of the squad will come from.

Hopkin in and Tidser re-signed before the end of May, please, then take it from there, on and off the pitch.
I’d also take McCrorie back, but that might be the one downside of the way Johansson went; hope it hasn’t fucked Telfer off, either, because he finally looked he part when fully fit
Tumilty, Iredale, Strapp, Kilday, Tidser, Lyon, McHugh to form the core of a squad. Telfer (see above). Unsure about both Millar and McAllister, mainly due to potential cost (and age) vis-a-vis other options, but both will most likely stay.
Wee persistent calf strain for Kiltie at he beginning of pre-season, meaning he falls out of the picture at Kille and has to return to the Ton at least until January.

I’d be absolutely astonished if Tidser is with us at the start of next season. Whether it be because he can get more elsewhere or because we can’t sustain his wages due to ongoing cost cutting, he will find more ambition (and money) somewhere else.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Feel free to relieve United of Yannick Loemba please :).   No fee necessary he is not needed nor wanted and will help bolster your squad.

Two managers chucking it within hours of kickoff, a top scorer with six league goals and Ryan Scully throwing in goals until January yet The Famous still effortlessly secure a top half finish. What a club. #toobigtofail

6711562c-d90a-40f6-99f2-9a067cec1fa0.jpg

Reading between the lines in some of the comments it would appear "investors"  wanted JJ and Housty out. 

Crawford increasingly looking like a puppet chairman caught between other family shareholders and investors. That position is surely unsustainable?

The Easdales have huge influence it seems and I imagine want their own man in to take the club forward.  

Rumours of wanting Hoppy in and funding a Tidser deal circulating.  I personally don't have a problem with the Easdales taking over as the Rae's time at the club are coming to an end. 

The problem just now is the transfer from the Rae's to the Easdales. But the sooner the better  as I don't see any other white knight on the horizon.

This is excellent news. Getting rid of the management team seemed unlikely but not impossible, but I never had the slightest suspicion Hawke would be following them out of the door. Good riddance.

If this all happened at the end of the season you would not really be shocked. But the timing of all of this happening before the last game of the season makes you wonder what the f**k is going on.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Statement from Crawford, mostly consisting of thanking the three duds we’ve been lucky enough to get rid of in the last three days: https://gmfc.net/2019/05/06/from-the-office-of-the-chairman-6/

Sustainability accounant and the driver behind the turnstile management software fiasco next please. Or maybe its happened and he just hasn't read about it in the newspaper yet.