The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

As it turns out, JJ and Houston were already told their contracts would be up at the end of May.

So they walked when they were also told they couldn't play Telfer.

Don't actually mind that with the extra JJ/Housty contract info tbh.

Ignore my last point, that clears it up

What a pair of absolute fannies

‘Nobody puts JJ in a corner.’

Except the Morton board, who managed to extract a tear-stained resignation and so save a year’s pay and another year’s tedium from that Finnish dud and the baldy snake Houston. Absolutely glorious shithousery.

88bcee4d-cf85-478e-a834-522debede3bc.jpg

As it turns out, JJ and Houston were already told their contracts would be up at the end of May.
So they walked when they were also told they couldn't play Telfer.
Don't actually mind that with the extra JJ/Housty contract info tbh.

No, that’s just what Kenny Crawford ‘understands’ and is at odds with GMFC and the Tele’s previous reporting. The latter aren’t the best of sources but Kenny Crawford is a tabloid hack moron.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

No, that’s just what Kenny Crawford ‘understands’ and is at odds with GMFC and the Tele’s previous reporting. The latter aren’t the best of sources but Kenny Crawford is a tabloid hack moron.

No, it's precisely what Houston said on Radio Scotland. 

Of course, you'll know better than Houston....... 

2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:
No, it's precisely what Houston said on Radio Scotland. 
Of course, you'll know better than Houston....... 

This post would have been better with an Ainsley image!

No post has ever been made better by including a; Ainsley (p***k with a Fork) feckin Harriott image.

Meaning?

I may well be[emoji106] Still don't get it though [emoji39]

Aaahh right, isTHAT the point he was attempting to make? 
Since not too many have ever thought of that poster as an accurate barometer of intelligence excuse me while I pap his opinion straight into the round file from several feet away.  Done.....   feel free to carry on.

Oaft! [emoji23]

Happy that JJ is finally gone. If it hinged on whether or not to play Telfer that’s fine. Would rather the new gaffer had the choice to keep him on rather than be stuck with him.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Surely if it was to do with Telfer, he won't be staying as Rae doesn't want to extend his contract? Would be strange to fall out with JJ over playing Telfer, then allow the new guy to give him an extention anyway. 

Rae said “"The next manager that comes in, if Charlie Telfer is a player they fancy then we'll give him a contract."

50 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Rae said “"The next manager that comes in, if Charlie Telfer is a player they fancy then we'll give him a contract."

When Telfer signed he was given a year contract and if he played a certain number of games he would get another year. That's what was agreed.

Morton didn't keep to their side of the bargain. That's morally corrupt and doesn't sit easily with me. 

Telfer, could in theory, have signed a 2 year contract elsewhere, but chose to sign for Morton.  I feel for the lad, as you don't make these kind of agreements only to renege when the player has not done a thing wrong.

The writing was on the wall for JJ and Housty as the football was grim and turgid to watch  for the majority of the season. I didn't like that kind of football and going into another season you could only feel dread if that was going to be on offer again.

Managers come and go, that's football, but the treatment of Telfer is a disgrace in my opinion regardless of what other clubs do.  

4 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

If it happens it will surprise no-one. He's been seen in the stand at Scapa recently, sitting with the Easdales.