The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 minute ago, KabbaCharming said:

Except you can donate more than £10 per month and there is an option for wealthier followers and businesses to make larger, one-off donations. 

If you take into account the fact that there will be local businesses and wealthy fans willing to invest decent chunks and fans who will pledge £15/£20/£25 p/m then it becomes a lot more realistic.

Also, in the further details they outline that they are aiming for at least 25% of the club by the time Crawford sells up. 

Finally, 400k might seem a lot for 15% but I imagine that either -

A) if we raise 400k they will buy the 15% and invest the rest into the team.

B) Same as above but maybe buy 25%. 

C) Negotiate a larger stake. 

I admire the people who set this up's ambition, and even though I am a lowly student who already has to pay tonnes just to get to Morton games from where I live, I have pledged some dough. Hopefully others do too.

OK but £400k for 15% still seems like GC are looking for the bulk of their money back and McLennan states that he's looking for 1500 monthly subscribers which seems ambitious  given attendance data.

“It’s achievable. If we get in the region of 1500 individuals to put up £10 a month for a commitment of two years that’s £240 per person.

His words not mine.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

OK but £400k for 15% still seems like GC are looking for the bulk of their money back and McLennan states that he's looking for 1500 monthly subscribers which seems ambitious  given attendance data.

His words not mine.

Basing the uptake on their home attendance is stupid though, there'll be hundreds more Morton fans who can't get to games due to their location who will be willing to support the club by pledging.  Morton's support doesn't just consist of the numbers going through the home turnstile every week.

I admire the ambition and I hope it works out for Morton.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Basing the uptake on their home attendance is stupid though, there'll be hundreds more Morton fans who can't get to games due to their location who will be willing to support the club by pledging.  Morton's support doesn't just consist of the numbers going through the home turnstile every week.

I suspect Inverclyde suffers more than most from people moving away, but I suspect they still retain their affection for Morton. Time will tell.

18 minutes ago, btb said:

His words not mine.

On the website, they says the following -

"How will the new investment be used?

A. All money raised through Morton Club Together will be used by Greenock Morton Football Club to invest in projects that strengthen the capabilities and profitability of Morton. Ultimately the aim is to support the Morton First Team to improve performances on the park and increase the benefits that this brings for all stakeholders in Morton. This is Morton’s primary business. In short, Morton Club Together will support and drive forward “The Morton Way.” All shareholders have a legitimate say in key strategic and operational facets of the delivery of any business and those who invest in Greenock Morton through MCT will have a tangible route to do this (see Q. 14). It is fundamental to MCT that the energy, passion, togetherness and ambition that we are driving finds its way into the Morton Board room and onto the field of play immediately and for good. None of the money will be used, for example, to invest in the on-going maintenance of Cappielow Park (the home of Morton). The aim of Greenock Morton FC, alongside Morton Club Together, is to create further profitable income streams to assist in consolidating Morton’s position in the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) and push for promotion to get into and stay in the Scottish Premiership (the top professional League in Scotland"

Golden Casket have agreed to write off the debt, publically,  twice in the last couple months. It sounds as if they want to invest money into the team and I imagine that will be a large chunk of the 200k

That's not true - GC and Crawford Rae have actually offered some mealy-mouthed mumblings about 'not looking to recoup the debt', just as Dougie did previously. They're clearly not getting it back in cash form ever but it has remained on the books for a reason. And even if Crawford 'recommends' a write-off to the GC board there's no reason to assume that he'll get the backing of the majority. 

I suspect the debt will only go if a larger investor comes in to take GC's controlling stake in the club, with a lot of commercial breaks being given to GC as payment in kind for it. Something like playing at 'The Millions Stadium' for x years for a start. 

Completely hit the nail on the head. Like most suffering seaside towns in Scotland - local fans relocate globally for jobs. I suspect we can achieve more than the target of 400k. Mon the ton

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nope. Your rabble going down though?

Image result for jack nicholson yes gif

really? seems it with the only guy keeping you afloat jumping ship and your attempt to copy our fan ownership scheme?

really? seems it with the only guy keeping you afloat jumping ship and your attempt to copy our fan ownership scheme?

Glorious viewing next season as Raith skud League 1 to be crowned champions whilst Grangemouth FC fans wave mobile phones above their heads in search of 4G outside Links Park

1 hour ago, Jani_Uotinen said:

Glorious viewing next season as Raith skud League 1 to be crowned champions whilst Grangemouth FC fans wave mobile phones above their heads in search of 4G outside Links Park

Can you get 4G on a Nokia 3310? 

Sounds good but no real answers.

400K for 15% so valued at +£2.4 million

Is this Crawfords plan? What was the original stake dad made?

Once I sober up and get through the relegation battle I will come back on this issue.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:42, The Moonster said:

Saints are in the same position, plenty of those who signed up to the SMiSA deal no longer live close enough to Paisley to attend regularly but the numbers from ourselves and as has been shown elsewhere for Motherwell (1000) & Hearts (8000) show a relationship between attendance & numbers willing to participate in a fan buyout (I accept it won't be the only factor) so that suggests to me that for Morton the envisaged 1500  subscribers at the basic rate is ambitious.

FWIW I hope it works out for Morton too.

Edited by btb

36 minutes ago, Jani_Uotinen said:

Michael Tidser would not rule out resigning for the famous....
Please do the right thing and give this man everything he wants.

I agree 100% -  but please stop referring to Morton as "the famous".  Even when used ironically it's just cringeworthy.