The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Just now, IainMorton said:

If roles were reversed would you be happy for your new manager to walk out after three months to a club in the same league? Genuine question.

Depends who the manager is  and i can understand your point, but like i say to claim that Morton would act any differently from Falkirk, if JJ had you sitting in a top of the league play off place do you think you would still be going on about it ? 

People do the same thing every day in any place of employment your trying to tell me your happy to stay in the same job day in day out and not look for anything else.  Granted Morton gave him a road back into management again but if you get a gut feeling or something doesnt sit right with the job you just took on are you going to stay put, are ye buggery your going to be off the first decent chance you get and he took it.  

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Depends who the manager is  and i can understand your point, but like i say to claim that Morton would act any differently from Falkirk, if JJ had you sitting in a top of the league play off place do you think you would still be going on about it ? 

People do the same thing every day in any place of employment your trying to tell me your happy to stay in the same job day in day out and not look for anything else.  Granted Morton gave him a road back into management again but if you get a gut feeling or something doesnt sit right with the job you just took on are you going to stay put, are ye buggery your going to be off the first decent chance you get and he took it.  

I don't really have a problem with the fact McKinnon left for Falkirk, however I do have a problem with the way he went about it. I'm sure that's probably the same for most Morton fans. 

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I don't really have a problem with the fact McKinnon left for Falkirk, however I do have a problem with the way he went about it. I'm sure that's probably the same for most Morton fans. 

I think most are more interested in why he wanted to go.

Just now, Scosha said:

I agree its a shite way he went about it but the end of the day he took a job had a bad feeling about it and decided to bolt, its not as if he is the first person to do it.  The other point is if you look at what was posted for his contract if he had failed Morton didnt have to give him any severance pay or any notice if they decided to sack him.  Somehow i dont think Rae would have been too bothered about not having to pay him out if it did go wrong as he had no outlay to fork out for, got to remember he has bills to pay the same as the rest of us if he was to get sacked without a penny i dont think Morton would be too arsed about his family not having any income.

find it a bit hypocritical to have in someones contract no notice or severance pay but takes advantage of a clause in it, its not right

32 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

If roles were reversed would you be happy for your new manager to walk out after three months to a club in the same league? Genuine question.

No I bloody wouldn't (assuming we would have wanted him to stay), but I would then be very very interested in what caused him to jump ship so soon after coming in.

25 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Wishful thinking that we'd get Hopkin. JJ really has no leg to stand on when we lose tomorrow and on Friday. 

Look on the bright side you have a ready made replacement in Houstie to step up when he does get sacked.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Look on the bright side you have a ready made replacement in Houstie to step up when he does get sacked.

Houston's said before he never wants to manage again and is only here as an experienced assistant to guide JJ. He is either guiding JJ wrongly or JJ is just ignoring him as every week it's the same predictable football. The pair of them should be emptied immediately.