No pathological liars

Beautiful riverside setting

No need for begging bowls

Integriry and honour

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No three year plan! :)

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, IainMorton said:
You know it’s bad when most of our fans can’t even be bothered responding to the bait from others. Our club is rotten to the core at the moment, tbh.

We both know the answer I want, but how would you rate the chances of JJ actually being bagged?

I suspect that they’re holding off in the hope that the cushion we’ve got (or at least had) will be enough to keep us up before bagging him in the summer.

If we do just about survive we’ll be one of the favourites to go next season though, and I fully expect us to oblige.

We certainly are as long as we can’t create let alone score goals. 

Its not just the manager that’s the problem though. The Board set the coach’s  job specification and competence profile in line with its business model. JJ got the job because the Board thought his skill set was the best fit for that. The Board are not in the market for the best manager around. Nor are they prepared to grant the manager  autonomy on the composition of the playing staff etc and to back that person with a realistic budget to achieve his ambition. It’s now all about 7/7/7, youth and sustainability. A new manager is going to have to swallow that crap. We are driven by unimaginative process monkeys and risk averse management accountants so we are not about to appoint Dave Bassett any time soon.

7 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

The Board are not in the market for the best manager around. Nor are they prepared to grant the manager  autonomy on the composition of the playing staff etc and to back that person with a realistic budget to achieve his ambition. 

I imagine any genuine  manager would walk if he weren't given "autonomy on the composition of the playing staff". The only folk who'd stick around would be those who were so low on the food chain that they'd be unemployable elsewhere.  Graham Rix at Hearts, for example.

One of your recent managers did just that.

Your reaction was to post dozens of times with personal abuse, calling him a "judas, rat, snake" etc. I think you used similar terms to describe his new employer, even though it was obvious to most folk that there had to be more to his departure than came out at the time.

Hence why I thought your post above was quite interesting.

Have you finally seen the light?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I imagine any genuine  manager would walk if he weren't given "autonomy on the composition of the playing staff". The only folk who'd stick around would be those who were so low on the food chain that they'd be unemployable elsewhere.  Graham Rix at Hearts, for example.

Your reaction was to post dozens of times with personal abuse, calling him a "judas, rat, snake" etc. I think you used similar terms to describe his new employer, even though it was obvious to most folk that there had to be more to his departure than came out at the time.

Gripe isn't with MacKinnon walking. It's in the underhand way he left

Surely that was patently obvious?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Come on,  the way McKinnon, Falkirk and their advisers conducted themselves on this has been absolutely shameful.  

I am certainly no apologist for the Morton Board particularly the minority shareholding hangers on. Having announced a three year plan  a decision to appoint McKinnon on a one year contract sat at variance with the stated ambition. He is a competent manager but nothing more, certainly not top tier material. The natural inference would seem that neither party was particularly keen on the other so the relationship was probably doomed from the start as was the so called three year plan. .  I don’t imagine for a minute that McKinnon had complete autonomy on the constitution of the squad or some of the signings but  he would have known that came with the job.

McKinnon had his chance at the SFA hearing to explain things  but conduct himself in such a way that his evidence was regarded as being unreliable. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:
Gripe isn't with MacKinnon walking. It's in the underhand way he left
Surely that was patently obvious?

How is a man with no notice period in his contract supposed to leave?

If there is no stated notice period Employment Law requires a minimum of seven days.

26 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

If there is no stated notice period Employment Law requires a minimum of seven days.

That sounds reasonable.

Just as it sounds reasonable - and feasible - that in the nonfootball world thousands of employees walk out every day without giving any notice. 

Does Employment Law then allow the former employer to demand £100,000 compensation from his next employer? Even without any contract clauses to support it?

Hmmn. You used the words "absolutely shameful" in a reply earlier. I'm inclined to agree with you, though I suspect we differ on who those words should be applied to.

17 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That sounds reasonable.

Just as it sounds reasonable - and feasible - that in the nonfootball world thousands of employees walk out every day without giving any notice. 

Does Employment Law then allow the former employer to demand £100,000 compensation from his next employer? Even without any contract clauses to support it?

Hmmn. You used the words "absolutely shameful" in a reply earlier. I'm inclined to agree with you, though I suspect we differ on who those words should be applied to.

That’s ok, undoubtedly you think that OJ was innocent as well. 

If you act like spivs just have the decency to accept the consequences instead of squealing like stuck pigs.

6 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

That’s ok, undoubtedly you think that OJ was innocent as well. 

If you act like spivs just have the decency to accept the consequences instead of squealing like stuck pigs.

If the roles were reversed do you think Morton would act in the same way, pot and kettle oh ye that claim to be holier than thou

Morton would be exactly the same your chairmen thought he saw a chance to make a bit of money in it and it backfired.

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If the roles were reversed do you think Morton would act in the same way, pot and kettle oh ye that claim to be holier than thou

Morton would be exactly the same your chairmen thought he saw a chance to make a bit of money in it and it backfired.

If roles were reversed would you be happy for your new manager to walk out after three months to a club in the same league? Genuine question.