The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

22 minutes ago, Scosha said:

His career would be far more in decline if he stayed at Morton under this useless chancer that we have in the dugout. 

To be honest it won't matter who is in the dug out. He's been offered lots more money and length of contract

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

It's starting to confirm what I heard on Saturday..

Tidser wanted by Falkirk in January

Tidser wanted to go

Morton and JJ said no

Tidser threw a tantrum

JJ and Tidser had words and Tidser was dropped

Tidser will go there for the money and length of contract in the Summer

Just to clarify my post as I may have misled. There was an offer in January, rather than a specific Falkirk offer. I assumed it was Falkirk with reading the thread. 

The offer could have come from Falkirk or another team

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

It's starting to confirm what I heard on Saturday..

Tidser wanted by Falkirk in January

Tidser wanted to go

Morton and JJ said no

Tidser threw a tantrum

JJ and Tidser had words and Tidser was dropped

Tidser will go there for the money and length of contract in the Summer

According to what I heard Tids had a fallout with Houston, not JJ. Don't know the reason, guessing it could've been Houston saying "don't go there ffs", but of course there's nothing other than rumours about him going there so far, so who knows? 

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

According to what I heard Tids had a fallout with Houston, not JJ. Don't know the reason, guessing it could've been Houston saying "don't go there ffs", but of course there's nothing other than rumours about him going there so far, so who knows? 

Yip, of course all rumours at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Yip, of course all rumours at the moment.

Maybe our  Commumications Officer, just for once,  could interview the likes of Rae, Hawke, Robinson Houston etc and ask them some strategic questions, like what’s happened to the three hundred year plan,  instead of just dishing out endless Vlogs of JJ’s  dolorous droning.  

Enough of mushroom management.

3 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Maybe our  Commumications Officer, just for once,  could interview the likes of Rae, Hawke, Robinson Houston etc and ask them some strategic questions, like what’s happened to the three hundred year plan,  instead of just dishing out endless Vlogs of JJ’s  dolorous droning.  

Enough of mushroom management.

Mitchell's been posted missing for over three weeks - allegedly signed a pre-contract with the Falkirk Herald.

No. We owned Brockville, but a part of the land behind the main stand was owned by the council. Rather than buy the land off them so we could sell it to Morrisons as part of the supermarket deal, we went into partnership with the council to build the new stadium.
I'm a long way short of being an expert on the nuts and bolts of the deal so others may correct me on the next bit.
Anyway, the council land was something like 1/7 of the total area sold at Brockville. And probably a seventh of the value. Yet when the new stadium was built the council ended up with a disproportionate say in the running of it. To the point that we're now tenants in our own stadium, paying sky-high rents, and own only the pitch and seats that face it. (of the main stand anyway. The South stand is ours, or rather it's owned by one of our fans who charges us a lease. BPM will undoubtedly be along shortly to fill in the blanks and have a rant)
In fairness, there will have been some benefits to the original partnership. I think we got  a cheap loan to build the North stand and things like the car parks and infrastructure were all paid for from the public purse. The general feeling though is that the drawbacks of the deal far outweigh the benefits.

We went into a partnership JVC with the council to run the stadium. It all went tits up pretty quickly and a deal was struck to get us out of that and we got the North stand, all the pitch facing bits of the main stand and the dressing room and office areas on the ground floor. We pay a service charge to the Council owned Stadium company which covers utilities etc. We also sub let office space to our foundation from the bit we own.

On this SS, contrary to popular belief, we don’t own it. We pay rent (75k/year) to our largest shareholder. If we were to buy this from said shareholder a mortgage would be much more cost effective I would think. It has been developed recently with grants gained by the foundation.

Not sure what space is in the North Stand but why we didn’t develop that, because we own it, I am not sure.

Pretty sure that the council had 2/7th not 1/7th which is why they got a bigger say.

The whole project has been a nightmare even down to us putting in a defective USH system that never worked from day 1.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We went into a partnership JVC with the council to run the stadium. It all went tits up pretty quickly and a deal was struck to get us out of that and we got the North stand, all the pitch facing bits of the main stand and the dressing room and office areas on the ground floor. We pay a service charge to the Council owned Stadium company which covers utilities etc. We also sub let office space to our foundation from the bit we own.

On this SS, contrary to popular belief, we don’t own it. We pay rent (75k/year) to our largest shareholder. If we were to buy this from said shareholder a mortgage would be much more cost effective I would think. It has been developed recently with grants gained by the foundation.

Not sure what space is in the North Stand but why we didn’t develop that, because we own it, I am not sure.

Pretty sure that the council had 2/7th not 1/7th which is why they got a bigger say.

The whole project has been a nightmare even down to us putting in a defective USH system that never worked from day 1.

We would have to have made the NS the home stand which would have created problems with season ticket entry and car parking facilities for away supporters. Don't know what the financial implications of that would be exactly although I wouldn't think they would be insurmountable given the cash we're likely to make from SS bar and gym.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

We would have to have made the NS the home stand which would have created problems with season ticket entry and car parking facilities for away supporters. Don't know what the financial implications of that would be exactly although I wouldn't think they would be insurmountable given the cash we're likely to make from SS bar and gym.

Make a bar for away fans. Why not? Their money is as good.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Make a bar for away fans. Why not? Their money is as good.

Don't disagree, but I think BPM's point was that we should have developed the NS first as we own it. Can imagine the wrath of more than a few folk in the SS if away fans had access to a bar and they didn't! :lol:

Don't disagree, but I think BPM's point was that we should have developed the NS first as we own it. Can imagine the wrath of more than a few folk in the SS if away fans had access to a bar and they didn't! :lol:

We could have made the NS the home end? Or open the NS and SS for home fans and surround the librarians in the main stand with away vermin [emoji6]

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye fair enough. A bar in the North would cost f**k allthough, you wouldnt kit it out much would you?

43 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Whereas we've literally given not one shiny shite about your club since time began.

Never mind eh, whatever keeps you boys happy.

Reasons to be cheerful Part 3

Why don’t you f**k off to your own bed.

No refinery fumes

No bottom two spot

No £60k+ fine

Lawyers who can understand the law

No pathological liars

Beautiful riverside setting

No need for begging bowls

Integriry and honour

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ITK... A very plausible source, who usually gets these things spot on, tells me that BranchTon was approached to sign a PCA with Falkirk... but he pointed out a number of errors in the documentation and promptly told them to f**k off...

Not clear whether they wanted him as legal adviser or right-back. Apparently now looking at an experienced Italian-American called Tony Petrocelli...