The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, Stuperman01 said:

Compared to high flying, world beating Morton who have set Scottish football alight in recent years :lol:

No one claimed Morton were setting the world alight. Just that no-one cares about Falkirk. Bit harsh to compare them to Livingston, however, as they are more of a franchise entity who moved to a new town and a soulless stadium from their traditional area... wait a minute...

3 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

No one claimed Morton were setting the world alight. Just that no-one cares about Falkirk. Bit harsh to compare them to Livingston, however, as they are more of a franchise entity who moved to a new town and a soulless stadium from their traditional area... wait a minute...

Clearly.

5 hours ago, Rocco said:

Like you've said I don't see how Morton can pursue compo from Falkirk, so they'll need to go after Ray himself, however, with the contracts not stating notice period or compensation, I'm not sure they'll have a legal case. I'm by no means a lawyer so I could be totally wrong.

Indeed you are. Just because a football contract doesn't have a set compensation figure/'release clause' in it does not mean that GMFC waived its right to compensation. It just means that the two clubs would have had to negotiate the fee to allow King Snake to talk to Falkirk, rather than Falkirk paying the required set figure to activate his clause. 

The issue of compensation for the contracts will therefore be settled at a later date. You'd expect that the two clubs will settle on a figure in the mid-five figures, but who knows given the obvious bad blood at boardroom level. 

7 hours ago, Rocco said:
8 hours ago, Alibi said:
Morton now able to seek financial redress armed with the excoriating report on Mckinnon's and Falkirk's lying.  no idea how much but likely to be the value of the manager and assistant manager's contracts; the sports science guy is I think under a different type of contract and small beer anyway.
I never previously had any view one way or the other about Falkirk - they were just one of these dull nonentity clubs like Livi that were of little interest.  For now, I'd be happy to see them relegated.

Did you read the report? No mention in their contracts about notice period or compensation, which sounds like the contracts were fucked up. Falkirk haven't done anything legally wrong, however, they have in the eyes of the SPFL rules. Don't quite understand where you think you'll get compensation considering it was never in their contracts

Did YOU read the report, and to the end,  where it said the contracts were fine and that the assumption that not having specific mention of notice period or compensation meaning that no compensation was liable or that they could walk away without notice was wrong?

Did YOU read the report, and to the end,  where it said the contracts were fine and that the assumption that not having specific mention of notice period or compensation meaning that no compensation was liable or that they could walk away without notice was wrong?
Clearly not

There was no notice period as the contracts were fixed term either ending at the contracts end or by  mutual agreement. There was no fixed release value clause, they weren't released. The individuals involved have broken their contracts. If they were players their registrations would prevent this situation, as management I don't know what recourse is available.

The rayvoloution is well and truly underway won't be long till we are above your Diddy club I hope your shower go down                

Come back when you can spell and punctuate a sentence to P4 level you dribbling pleb.

23 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

It's hard to not want to support your team, but here is me thinking the only solution for us as fans is just now to go to games. It's the only thing that'll make the board notice that we are not happy.

Pretty sure that relentless hounding is a much more obvious indication of that than apathy. And shame games are part of the club's tradition as well. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Pretty sure that relentless hounding is a much more obvious indication of that than apathy. And shame games are part of the club's tradition as well. 

That is the problem we are not hounding the charlatans  that run our club. 

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:12, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Nobody cares about Falkirk yet almost half of the posts on this thread mention Falkirk in some way. :thumsup2

16 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

There's nearly 8,000 posts on this thread. Almost 4,000 posts on this thread are about Falkirk? Not really buying that tbh.

It's your own fault for talking about 'the famous' all the time.