The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

38 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

United did exactly what we did except instead of whining to the league at the time we took the compensation on offer and moved on.  If the morton chairman hadnt come out with some ridiculous compo wish of 100k for a guy on a 40k 1 year contract who no longer wishes to be there then a nominal fee for compensation would've been agreed and this wouldnt have dragged on and on.   

Clearly can't read ^^ 

No point debating with this turd, folks. 

Have u been munching on those bitter berries babe? Sorry we’ve took the snake and now we’re taking big Mikey T x

Only Falkirk fans would visit the thread of another team and gloat about being fined, then suggest bitterness from those laughing at them. Soldier on hen, you’ll get there someday.

Only Falkirk fans would visit the thread of another team and gloat about being fined, then suggest bitterness from those laughing at them. Soldier on hen, you’ll get there someday.

We’re all laughing at the utter State you lot have got into over this. Chat about points deductions and a transfer embargo has turned into a fine less than we would’ve had to pay you lot for Raymundo in the first place :lol:

Oh Morton :lol:

We’re all laughing at the utter State you lot have got into over this. Chat about points deductions and a transfer embargo has turned into a fine less than we would’ve had to pay you lot for Raymundo in the first place :lol:

Oh Morton :lol:

The classic “we’re all laughing” line. Your club are in dire straits as you sit rooted to the bottom of the league, while fans of other clubs laugh at your feeble attempts to convince others you’re all chilled out and loling away.

6 hours ago, printer said:

You're not very familiar with the Falkirk fans on P&B, are you? emoji19.png

They have been hilarious.

It's genuinely incredulous watching all their "ITK" Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney fans who have been proven wrong on absolutely every point throughout still saying they know what's gonna happen from here on in. As soon as those loonballs start saying Morton are getting nothing ye can guarantee we'll be taking six figures from Grangemouth.

I imagine Falkirk will end up paying Morton somewhere about half of what we were looking for and everyone will settle for that. Pretty expensive lesson all in.

Not sure I'd be celebrating a substantial fine and having my manager being called an untrustworthy c**t in legalese. I suppose they'll take whatever 'wins' they can get at this point.

Morton now able to seek financial redress armed with the excoriating report on Mckinnon's and Falkirk's lying.  no idea how much but likely to be the value of the manager and assistant manager's contracts; the sports science guy is I think under a different type of contract and small beer anyway.

I never previously had any view one way or the other about Falkirk - they were just one of these dull nonentity clubs like Livi that were of little interest.  For now, I'd be happy to see them relegated.

Morton now able to seek financial redress armed with the excoriating report on Mckinnon's and Falkirk's lying.  no idea how much but likely to be the value of the manager and assistant manager's contracts; the sports science guy is I think under a different type of contract and small beer anyway.
I never previously had any view one way or the other about Falkirk - they were just one of these dull nonentity clubs like Livi that were of little interest.  For now, I'd be happy to see them relegated.
Did you read the report? No mention in their contracts about notice period or compensation, which sounds like the contracts were fucked up. Falkirk haven't done anything legally wrong, however, they have in the eyes of the SPFL rules. Don't quite understand where you think you'll get compensation considering it was never in their contracts

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Did you read the report? No mention in their contracts about notice period or compensation, which sounds like the contracts were fucked up. Falkirk haven't done anything legally wrong, however, they have in the eyes of the SPFL rules. Don't quite understand where you think you'll get compensation considering it was never in their contracts

That might be right from Falkirk point of view. But McKinnon and Taylor did breach their contracts so I suspect if Falkirk are now in the clear Morton will then seek compo from those two. 

10 hours ago, GiGi said:

I imagine Falkirk will end up paying Morton somewhere about half of what we were looking for and everyone will settle for that. Pretty expensive lesson all in.

Not sure I'd be celebrating a substantial fine and having my manager being called an untrustworthy c**t in legalese. I suppose they'll take whatever 'wins' they can get at this point.

Things we'll no be doing 1) paying you lot anything at all 2) regarding £40k as anywhere near substantial for a financial behemoth such as Falkirk Football Club

Things we will continue to do 1) run roughshod over your diddy club 2) take your staff as and when we please 3) push Crawford Rae's blood pressure further into the red zone 4) rinse and repeat from Step 1.

That might be right from Falkirk point of view. But McKinnon and Taylor did breach their contracts so I suspect if Falkirk are now in the clear Morton will then seek compo from those two. 
Like you've said I don't see how Morton can pursue compo from Falkirk, so they'll need to go after Ray himself, however, with the contracts not stating notice period or compensation, I'm not sure they'll have a legal case. I'm by no means a lawyer so I could be totally wrong.

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Compared to high flying, world beating Morton who have set Scottish football alight in recent years :lol:

4 hours ago, Boaby The Bairn said:

Things we'll no be doing 1) paying you lot anything at all 2) regarding £40k as anywhere near substantial for a financial behemoth such as Falkirk Football Club

Things we will continue to do 1) run roughshod over your diddy club 2) take your staff as and when we please 3) push Crawford Rae's blood pressure further into the red zone 4) rinse and repeat from Step 1.

^^^ trying too hard.