The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Scott Tiffoney in the squad for Livi tonight. How's he done this season?

He was terrible for the most part, including blatantly not bothering his arse to track runners resulting in opposition goals more than once which said a lot about his attitude, but he was good in his last couple of games before the loan expired with two goals.

He was terrible for the most part, including blatantly not bothering his arse to track runners resulting in opposition goals more than once which said a lot about his attitude, but he was good in his last couple of games before the loan expired with two goals.
He's a wide player isnt he? The not tracking back is a concern as he'll likely be playing as a wing back

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

He's a wide player isnt he? The not tracking back is a concern as he'll likely be playing as a wing back

I think he's probably best playing behind the striker. More of a forward than a wing back. Where did he come on tonight? 

He does offer energy and intensity, but just didn't look totally committed earlier in the season. 

I think he's probably best playing behind the striker. More of a forward than a wing back. Where did he come on tonight? 
He does offer energy and intensity, but just didn't look totally committed earlier in the season. 
Couldn't make the game tonight but looks like he came on for Pittman which, if it was a straight swap, puts him in the centre of midfield

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
11 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

Couldn't make the game tonight but looks like he came on for Pittman which, if it was a straight swap, puts him in the centre of midfield

Our best spell of form last season coincided with him playing behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 formation. He scored a cracking goal at Dundee Utd during that run. 

Then Duffy never played that line up again* and we stopped winning matches. 

*He maybe did once, at St Mirren, I can't be bothered checking. 

15 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Scott Tiffoney in the squad for Livi tonight. How's he done this season?

From August-November his attitude was absolutely abysmal; he cost us two points away to Dundee United and was at fault for at least one goal in Ayr's 5-1 win at Cappielow. Once he knew he loan deal was expiring he got his finger out and played well for a few games.

7 hours ago, tonnitus said:

2 loan signings confirmed, Andrew Dallas (ST) and Robby McCrorie (GK), both from the zombie club until June.

Sorry to bump into your thread again.

I jumped down to Murray Park for a Rangers Reserve game last month, and Dallas was absolutely excellent. He's quite a stocky wee guy, difficult to barge off the ball and that low centre of gravity definitely helps him holding things up. He worked himself into the ground, and got a hat-trick with two one-on-one finishes and a tap-in. The sort of thing you're looking for in a striker.

In terms of the way he ran the channels and pestered defenders he reminded me a bit of John Baird in the earlier part of his career. He made players make mistakes if that makes sense?  I thought he looked like he'd do a good job in League One, but the Championship is a whole different level - so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.

McCrorie is an excellent 'keeper. I was hoping we'd use our staunch connections to bring him in, in the summer, but alas we ended up with Grant Adam instead :(

Spoiler

Why haven't you given us Robert Thomson yet by the way? Get "JJ" to release him and we'll play him as a trialist tomorrow.

Sorry to bump into your thread again.
I jumped down to Murray Park for a Rangers Reserve game last month, and Dallas was absolutely excellent. He's quite a stocky wee guy, difficult to barge off the ball and that low centre of gravity definitely helps him holding things up. He worked himself into the ground, and got a hat-trick with two one-on-one finishes and a tap-in. The sort of thing you're looking for in a striker.
In terms of the way he ran the channels and pestered defenders he reminded me a bit of John Baird in the earlier part of his career. He made players make mistakes if that makes sense?  I thought he looked like he'd do a good job in League One, but the Championship is a whole different level - so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on.
McCrorie is an excellent 'keeper. I was hoping we'd use our staunch connections to bring him in, in the summer, but alas we ended up with Grant Adam instead [emoji20]
Spoiler Why haven't you given us Robert Thomson yet by the way? Get "JJ" to release him and we'll play him as a trialist tomorrow.

There's not a single Morton fan who wouldn't bite your hand off for the chance to get rid of Thomson.