The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

You'd think he might not have any other options at this point, but Russell clearly didn't enjoy playing for Duffy and didn't attempt to hide the fact after he left: 
https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/16297090.morton-star-takes-time-to-weigh-up-options/
"I don't mind where I play, under Duffy I was getting moved around everywhere. I don't think he knew what my best position was... I'd quite like a run of games in one position rather than being moved about each week, one week being left back, one week being left-mid or centre-mid"
That'll mean nothing if Dumbarton make him a better offer than any other club, which is possible after failing to break into that Falkirk side, but you'd imagine working with Duffy again wouldn't be his first choice.
If I recall correctly, he played centre mid once or twice at the most and only played left mid out of necessity when Lamie had taken his place at left back.
Daft comments, looking for an excuse for his poor form. You dont hear Jack Iredale moaning and he rarely plays the same role two weeks in a row.

The fact he's fallen off the map completely says it all. Shame for him, as he looked a fairly promising player a few years back.

6 hours ago, cappiecat said:

Describing you as a complete fanny is not aggressive in the slightest. 

However, as you seem so upset I will withdraw my statement.

You are NOT a complete fanny.

Happy now, ya total fud?

Upset?? Don't be daft; the posts of one internet nonentity to another ain't worth any more than a quick response before being forgotten. Only one of us looking like a total fud here with what they're posting tho, and it ain't me.

Still, as long as you're happy in your own wee way. Bless.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

34 minutes ago, macca937 said:

He hasn’t really had game time. He is quick and strong. Doubt he will be firing them in unfortunately 

29 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Seconded. But hope he does well and returns with a bit of confidence and goals behind him.

17 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Quick, strong and can finish. Scored a good goal for us at the start of the season. Wish him well, and hope he scores a few goals. 

Cheers lads. The strikers we've signed so far this season have endured a pretty torrid time of things, so a young guy with a bit of pace and power would be a new option. Getting the ball into the net from about five yards has been a major issue too, so if he can do that then I'm sure he'll be a hit.

Looking at the natural strikers we've had so far this season only Calum Gallagher has had any luck putting the ball in the net, and even he's been struggling over the last month. Between them Andy Little (retired), Jack Aitchison (went AWOL), Rory Loy (injured almost all season) and Iain Russell (36 and has been in injured since November) have managed just two goals, with Beany getting both, so he shouldn't have too hard a task to improve on that.

We'll still take Robert Thomson off your hands by the way.

17 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Armour is probably at the right stage in his career to start playing regular first team football. I actually think he'll do well at Dumbarton 

Agreed. He's got the physical attributes and the work rate that should see him to pretty well in the 3rd tier.
Though if he doesn't score in the first 5 or so games, I reckon his confidence will go and that'll be that.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

At this rate we could end up with more Morton players (current or former) at Dumbarton than at Cappielow.

It's Dumbarton's place in the pecking order to feed off The Famous' discarded scraps. Just like Largs Thistle rely on our crap youth regens to fill their squads every single year. 

33 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's Dumbarton's place in the pecking order to feed off The Famous' discarded scraps. Just like Largs Thistle rely on our crap youth regens to fill their squads every single year. 

This is very true.

Morton diddies are far superior to Rangers diddies too.