The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

45 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

That would improve us immeasurably. I've been keeping an eye on his appearances recently, and (unfortunately for all of us here I suppose) he seems to be getting a wee bit more game time. I take it things haven't picked up?

He’s only been getting a game as all of our other strikers bar McHugh are injured. You can have him back if you want. We will even drop him off (the Erskine Bridge...) for you.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Released so he's all yours...

Aye that's pretty much why I asked. With us not getting a sniff of a rumour I'm just trying to start one.

20 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

He’s only been getting a game as all of our other strikers bar McHugh are injured. You can have him back if you want. We will even drop him off (the Erskine Bridge...) for you.

That's good to hear from a selfish point of view. Given how much he seemed to enjoy his last spell with the club, and how highly Duffy rates him, I'm going to convince myself a deal is still possible.

Don't bother even taking him to the Bridge. I'll collect him from Cappielow.

35 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Aye that's pretty much why I asked. With us not getting a sniff of a rumour I'm just trying to start one.

That's good to hear from a selfish point of view. Given how much he seemed to enjoy his last spell with the club, and how highly Duffy rates him, I'm going to convince myself a deal is still possible.

Don't bother even taking him to the Bridge. I'll collect him from Cappielow.

Mark Russell surely a stick on to sign for you guys? 

10 hours ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Mark Russell surely a stick on to sign for you guys? 

You'd think he might not have any other options at this point, but Russell clearly didn't enjoy playing for Duffy and didn't attempt to hide the fact after he left: 

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/16297090.morton-star-takes-time-to-weigh-up-options/

"I don't mind where I play, under Duffy I was getting moved around everywhere. I don't think he knew what my best position was... I'd quite like a run of games in one position rather than being moved about each week, one week being left back, one week being left-mid or centre-mid"

That'll mean nothing if Dumbarton make him a better offer than any other club, which is possible after failing to break into that Falkirk side, but you'd imagine working with Duffy again wouldn't be his first choice.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Looks like we may be getting Kiltie from Kilmarnock on loan until the end of the season. Could be a cracking signing.

Aye, could be good.

Certainly not a signing to be sporraned.

7 hours ago, cappiecat said:

Naw but he might want to lick you out, you complete fanny.

Ooh look, he's getting aggressive and talking durty. Not big, and not clever. But if that's the kind of thought that helps you fill your Kleenex just you carry on. In private, preferably.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Ooh look, he's getting aggressive....

Describing you as a complete fanny is not aggressive in the slightest. 

However, as you seem so upset I will withdraw my statement.

You are NOT a complete fanny.

Happy now, ya total fud?