The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I liked Nesbitt as a striker as well as a winger. Kept defences scared with his pace, skill and diving ability.

Both our fullbacks were great against County as well by the way

He was great that game at Ibrox until it came to actually putting the ball in the net.

10 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

That was the same game that Luke Donnelly ended his own professional career, aye?

He was a weird one. Duffy got a bit obsessed with him and tried to sign him a few times before finally getting it over the line. 

Don't know why as he was pretty shite.

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The real tragedy of that game was Ross Forbes, who had been outstanding since he signed, having a 'mare and never playing well for Morton ever again.  

I miss his left foot.

The rest of him is rightly no longer at this level, but his left foot could play on its own.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Would imagine that's only to provide cover given we offered Low a contract as back up. 

If true it will be you'd think, starting MF is pretty solid. We badly need a striker, really hope that is the number 1 priority for JJ.

He sounds like a promising young  attacking midfielder from what I've read  etc but I'm just not sure where he fits in. We have Tidser and Telfer who can play that role and we also have Lyon who sounds like a similar sort of player, not seen him personally though to really judge.

With the budget been tight and other positions more of a priority, It doesn't make much sense to me unless we see something really special in him, i.e better than what we have!

Someone on the forum suggesting we have signed Greg Kiltie on loan. Bait or not, wouldn't be a bad signing at all, especially as it looks like Tiffoney is returning to Livi for the foreseeable future. Adds a bit of width too and was playing first team regularly but he's been hampered with injuries a lot.

10 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

Someone on the forum suggesting we have signed Greg Kiltie on loan. Bait or not, wouldn't be a bad signing at all, especially as it looks like Tiffoney is returning to Livi for the foreseeable future. Adds a bit of width too and was playing first team regularly but he's been hampered with injuries a lot.

Good. 

7 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

What's the deal with Connor Bell? I noticed that he hardly featured at all for you guys, injured?

Been injured since September but made our bench the past few weeks. Never really got a proper chance to see what he had to offer but JJ didn’t rate him. 

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Been injured since September but made our bench the past few weeks. Never really got a proper chance to see what he had to offer but JJ didn’t rate him. 

If he's close to fitness then I wouldn't be averse to Duffy taking a punt on him. We're obviously in desperate need for a striker, and he looked decent enough for ICT last season.

7 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

If he's close to fitness then I wouldn't be averse to Duffy taking a punt on him. We're obviously in desperate need for a striker, and he looked decent enough for ICT last season.

As VT said about Thomson, would be delighted if the Bald one came in and took him away from us. 

18 minutes ago, Scosha said:

As VT said about Thomson, would be delighted if the Bald one came in and took him away from us. 

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Have Robert Thomson as well; it can be a special two for one deal. 

That would improve us immeasurably. I've been keeping an eye on his appearances recently, and (unfortunately for all of us here I suppose) he seems to be getting a wee bit more game time. I take it things haven't picked up?