The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

13 hours ago, Colkitto said:

We knew the Easdales were waiting in the wings. Didn't expect them to move this fast given Crawfords comments.

If the they do move and the bid is successful, then in the short to medium term it will be a pure roller coaster ride for Morton fans. In the long term who knows? But I suppose Sandy does have a genuine affection for the club so small sense of relief in that...

If we don't go up this season and we get taken over soon then next season I would imagine we would be favourites to win the league as these guys are not coming in for Morton to be playing in the Championship

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6284213/Derek-Llambias-Graham-Carr-Sandy-Easdale-descend-Cappielow-Mike-Ashley-allies-eye-Morton.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490  

If those guys come in then it's bad news for you guys. 

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

If the Easdales are taking over I hope they do it before Xmas. Get a bit of quality in at the January transfer window for the promotion push and relegation of Falkirk on the third last game. 

FTFY 

Edited by TurbineTon

46 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If the Easdales are taking over I hope they do it before Xmas. Get a bit of quality in at the January transfer window for the promotion push....

After having an indepth look at the set up at Morton they'll probably decide to invest in Falkirk instead. 

15 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Does anyone know if BishopLenBrennan is the full shilling ??

He appears to be stalking me around the various forums and red flagging all my posts (granted, some are shockers).

Rather childish / psychotic behaviour all the same...................

La cabeza de nabo as he is affectionately known in Spain operates under a number of  sock puppet accounts here, and on the Morton Forum ,on which he also seems to be a mod. He is usually supported by a few other wannabe neds and censors as you will be able to identify  from  your red dots.

Surprised he has time to stalk you tbh, last I heard he was busy helping his maw to bake rock cakes for Saturday’s  game. 

On 10/17/2018 at 11:54, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Haris Vuckic
Gael Bigirimana
Kevin Mbabu
Shane Ferguson
Remie Streete
Cal Roberts
Freddie Woodman
Kyle Cameron
Stuart Findlay

Quite a decent quality of player they've sent up to be fair.

Kyle Cameron wasn't very good to be fair. Now playing for Torquay.

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

La cabeza de nabo as he is affectionately known in Spain operates under a number of  sock puppet accounts here, and on the Morton Forum ,on which he also seems to be a mod. He is usually supported by a few other wannabe neds and censors as you will be able to identify  from  your red dots.

Surprised he has time to stalk you tbh, last I heard he was busy helping his maw to bake rock cakes for Saturday’s  game. 

Oh dear !!

I'll let him / them enjoy their fun as it must be a pretty sad and lonely existence.............

I'd be deeply concerned if i were a Morton fan. You only have to ask Newcastle Utd fans what they think of Ashley's tenure there. They have the infrastructure of one of the top clubs and an outstanding manager; yet they're just keeping their heads above water due to lack of investment.

Make no mistake; if this takeover happens you'll be watching Newcastle United Reserves. They're not going to buy your club just for the privilege of sending you two or three youngsters; they can do that without buying a club.

Edited by Terry_Tibbs

24 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

That's Jim Duffy our new manager.

Take it he'll do a better job than Stevie Aitken...and actually use Ross Forbes?

If you have a right back with a bit of pace he’ll be decent if you play him on the right wing.