The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I take it the Houston appointment will be officially announced today. Great addition to give JJ an experienced helping hand.

When the snake slithered out of Cappielow and left us high and dry, you looked at the list of possible replacements and it filled you with dread.

Every managerial appointment is a gamble and this is no different, but it's one that had to be taken. I said right from the start we should go for a younger manager with an experienced assistant, and that's what we have now.

Fair play to Crawford and the Board for trying something new and in my opinion exciting! We have a decent squad of players and two excellent coaches now. Lets see where they take us!   

16 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

By "Hovel" does he mean Falkirk's stadium or does he hope the explosion is enough to take out all of the town of Falkirk as well?

Not green dotting til I get the answer I want:

Reveal hidden contents

All of Falkirk... and Stenhouemuir as well

Naw. The Ochilview bar is a cracking wee pub, and they beat Jim McInally's Peterhead in the play-offs. Stenny must stay.

3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

pinbrain

Schoolboy stuff.

Grangemouth does consist of the tourist attraction known as the Kelpies.
Greenock consists of closed docks with pigeons ever present.
Grangemouth consists of Ray McKinnon, who left Greenock for the beautiful area of Central Scotland
Greenock consists of Houston, who left Grangemouth because we forced him to, and will be walking and breathing the dark and dank streets of Greenock
Grangemouth has thriving industry
Greenock has high unemployment, poverty, and you!
Grangemouth is going nowhere little laddie. Houston will not sort out your problem HIV boy!

Doesn’t matter if it blows up when we are there. We are outwith the blast zone. [emoji16]

10 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

Grangemouth consists of Ray McKinnon, who left Greenock for the beautiful area of Central Scotland

Greenock consists of Houston, who left Grangemouth because we forced him to, and will be walking and breathing the dark and dank streets of Greenock

Grangemouth is going nowhere little laddie. Houston will not sort out your problem HIV boy!

Fuxake, even MORE schoolboy stuff.

There's only one statement in all of that rubbish that nobody could take issue with, and that's that the unemployment rate in Inverclyde is higher than the rate for Scotland as a whole. So?

The rest is either just plain wrong (eg the Kelpies could never be classed as being in Grangemouth), expressed in the style of a ten-year-old (Grangemouth doesn't "consist of" Ray McKinnon any more than you do) or plain old biased bollocks not worth further comment.

Apart from the last words. "HIV boy"? Really?? Jesus wept.......

Bit of a riddy this tbh

Holy shit Neil Warnock has just said he'd like to manage at a club like Morton on sky sports.

I quite like Warnock.

He's got family in Dunoon - and said Scotland had some really good little clubs, mentioning Morton specifically.
Sign him up Morton.

We'll be round for him in a bit.