The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

You seem to think I actually give a shit about McKinnon. I have questioned his very modest abilities since in his Raith days and was against him even appearing on our short list. 
His, and Falkirk’s, behaviour on this just gives us a chance to play legal hard ball which I think we should take. Do you think Rat’s contract allows him to turn up in another teams dunghout 16 hours after he said he wanted to quit but was told he couldn’t. Your Board has fucked up big time though nothing new there. 
We will see won't we.

You very obviously give a shit though.

Cannot agree more that McKinnon is a snakey c**t however I have to disagree with anyone saying hes a shite manager. He built a good squad for the championship and had us sitting joint top 3 games in. Granted it was early in his tenure but I think he'd have gotten us into the playoff at the very least.

1 minute ago, Mr.Blue said:

Cannot agree more that McKinnon is a snakey c**t however I have to disagree with anyone saying hes a shite manager. He built a good squad for the championship and had us sitting joint top 3 games in. Granted it was early in his tenure but I think he'd have gotten us into the playoff at the very least.

He also had us out of 2 Cups...  but agree with what you are saying

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

There is no such thing as joint top.

8 minutes ago, colliedug said:
34 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
He's a c**t

Theres an ex buddy manager available who would suit yous he disnae stay in a job long either or is that just the area you stay in

We harbour legitimate fears that he may not be of the requisite quality...

Hopkin set for Bradford City job

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/16685892.hopkin-set-for-bradford-city-job/

Morton seek legal action against Bradford

"He's a Morton man so he is, Bradford must be guilty of introducement" said a random Morton fan

"He's a rat snake b*****d", says Rae

On 9/3/2018 at 08:55, Mayos Noun said:

I’m led to believe Hopkin wants the job. Was expected tomorrow morning if a deal can be agreed. 

Clearly a dedicated candidate then to have reverse ferreted and agreed to manage another club within 24 hours.  Exactly the sort of committed club servant who should have sailed through our selection process.

16 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

6. He's a Morton man (and don't tell me it doesn't matter)

I agree that a 'Morton man' is an important point right now - it should reduce the chances of the manager conducting himself like an absolute snake - but Hopkin always puts his own personal ambitions over any sentiment or indeed loyalty towards a club. And so the situation has already played out true to his form - though luckily without us paying a contract and letting him shape the team for a handful of months before fucking off to Bradford anyway. 

20 hours ago, virginton said:

The club has a declared medium term project to deliver and after the manner of King Snake's departure, having a manager who can be fully trusted to commit to that plan must be a key point in the selection criteria. Hopkin couldn't even stick with a club he got promoted with to pursue his own ambitions elsewhere and so does not fit that requirement. 

^^^ immediately vindicated

qOz6PVQ.gif

Edited by vikingTON

22 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

If Hopkin is offered the gig which a few people on the Morton forum are saying has happened and accepts it then I think we come out of this situation looking pretty good, at the end of the day Hopkin was our number 1 target. We have a good squad in place and a team/formation that more or less picks itself, he's already proven that he's a decent manager so should be able to slip in and take over no bother. I'd be surprised if he knocked it back, he's doing hee haw else the now anyway and a 1 year rolling contract might suit both parties.

:lol::lol::lol:

35 minutes ago, virginton said:

Clearly a dedicated candidate then to have reverse ferreted and agreed to manage another club within 24 hours.  Exactly the sort of committed club servant who should have sailed through our selection process.

I agree that a 'Morton man' is an important point right now - it should reduce the chances of the manager conducting himself like an absolute snake - but Hopkin always puts his own personal ambitions over any sentiment or indeed loyalty towards a club. And so the situation has already played out true to his form - though luckily without us paying a contract and letting him shape the team for a handful of months before fucking off to Bradford anyway. 

^^^ immediately vindicated

qOz6PVQ.gif

Crawford Rae is more to blame for the ridiculous inclusions he wanted in Hopkin’s contract. 

Although as soon as the Bradford job appeared, Hopkin ‘slithered’ away without notice. 

This is becoming farcical now. 

Crawford Rae is more to blame for the ridiculous inclusions he wanted in Hopkin’s contract. 
Although as soon as the Bradford job appeared, Hopkin ‘slithered’ away without notice. 
This is becoming farcical now. 
Perhaps he was including things to avoid his own self inflicted f**k ups that allowed McKinnon to stroll out at his leisure.