The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

31 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Morton aren't a big enough club to get David Hopkin or Danny Lennon.

Hoppy is a Morton fan though, reckon he'll take it till the end of the season but there's no chance McIntyre, Neilson or someone like that is taking it. Both turned us and St Mirren down 

Before anyone has a go I’m not on to stir anything, this has all came out the blue and I’m sure a few of you are still in shock...I see Hoppys name mentioned and rightly so but...

I was told he really wanted to return to Morton before you appointed McKinnon, he held talks and was the clubs first choice, but he wasn’t impressed with what he saw off the park, I’ve no idea what that means and im not going to even hazard a guess as to the work going on behind the scenes just passing on what I was told and wondered if this had a bearing on Mckinnon leaving so soon after being appointed.

If he does change his mind and takes the job because I’m sure he will be offered it, I really wish you all the best, Hoppy is rightly a Livi legend for what he done at my club and with that is a genuinely nice guy that will get the best out of players and bring everyone together.

As much as it’s a total riddy losing a manager to a relegation bound U21 team, for Morton this has to be an opportunity not a problem.

We appointed mediocre McKinnon when we had about 3 players and were flailing about following another 4th quarter calamity under Duffy.

With a squad that boasts the best midfield in the league, we’re a much sexier proposition now.

I expect a significant upgrade. 

52 minutes ago, k-ton said:

As much as it’s a total riddy losing a manager to a relegation bound U21 team, for Morton this has to be an opportunity not a problem.

We appointed mediocre McKinnon when we had about 3 players and were flailing about following another 4th quarter calamity under Duffy.

With a squad that boasts the best midfield in the league, we’re a much sexier proposition now.

I expect a significant upgrade. 

So you're saying McKinnon is mediocre, but in the same post you're saying he took you from flailing about with three players after a calamity, to a squad with the best midfield in the league and a far better proposition?  

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So you're saying McKinnon is mediocre, but in the same post you're saying he took you from flailing about with three players after a calamity, to a squad with the best midfield in the league and a far better proposition?  

:lol:

Yes.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Let the hurt flow out, it will do you good. 

You’re fishing in the wrong spot. In case it wasn’t obvious, my first post was meant to be light hearted.  I’ve no idea who we’ll get or if it’ll be an improvement on Ray but, genuinely, I was more enthused with our players than with our (your) manager so I’m struggling to do more than make pithy posts about it all.

It has shown how badly run our club is, but we already knew that.