The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

10 minutes ago, madton said:

https://gmfc.net/2018/08/03/breaking-rory-mckeown-signs-for-morton/

Another option at left back an cover for centre half. Fair amount of games under his belt for Killie and Raith and McKinnon will know him well from his time in Kirkcaldy!

Pleased to have another LB, but the guy looks like a street magician.

Happy with that. With the inexperience of both Iredale and Strapp left back was looking questionable so having an experienced option is welcome, and being able to play centre back as well means it's not a case of blowing the budget on too many full backs.

Good to see McKinnon reads the forum and  took up the conclusions of yet more award-winning, fact-based analysis.  You're all welcome.

15 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's got an absolute ridiculous long throw 

A return to glorious Ironsball then. 

Related image

57 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Alright Morton chums.  What are we missing with Andy Murdoch?  Guy has been outstanding since signing for us - why did you bump him?  Injury prone or something?  

Nope. We brought in Chris Millar, Jim McAlister, Charlie Telfer and already had Michael Tidser  for his position so didn't have the room for another. Great player that probably every Morton fan would have back. 

'Great player' is pushing it a bit for someone who is on his third club at this level without any upward trajectory - he did very well for us alongside an excellent partner in Jamie Lindsay the previous season, but had a mediocre campaign last time round alongside Harkins. 

That doesn't mean he wouldn't be an asset to our current squad - he obviously would - but the circumstances of his departure are understandable. We had secured a few  better central midfield options already. I'm not convinced that it was a case of McKinnon choosing to just ditch him as much as Murdoch - understandably - deciding that playing second fiddle to the likes of Chris Millar this season wasn't in the best interests of his career.  I don't imagine he'd have been willing to settle for that downgraded status and the club could do with those resources to fill obvious gaps elsewhere in the squad, so it was just about the right deal for all concerned. 

Edited by vikingTON

How has Kerr Waddell started off with you? It's looking like if we sell Caulker, me might be looking to recall him. Unconfirmed at the moment and don't know if it's even possible but that seems to be the suggestion. 

Was injured for a couple of weeks during pre-season/betfred so not really seen the best of him yet.  Was on the bench on Sat, but wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Alloa after our other 2 had poor games against Queens!

The club have made a rip roaring c**t of this eh?

Jai is free to sign for another club? No compensation? 

Tiff is back until January on loan? He's not that good,  fcked us about all summer,  has liked tweets slaughtering what will now be a teammate, has liked tweets saying Falkirk are a bigger club than Morton. Get him to fck. If this is in place of compensation then Morton have had a fucking howler.

Did we get any compensation for Mark Russell signing for Falkirk? 

Jai Quitongo. Talk to me lads. I know you raved about him but he had pretty bad injury problems and I know he wasn't always deployed as an out and out forward but his goalscoring record seems pretty shit?

What's he good at? What's he not so good at? 

28 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jai Quitongo. Talk to me lads. I know you raved about him but he had pretty bad injury problems and I know he wasn't always deployed as an out and out forward but his goalscoring record seems pretty shit?

What's he good at? What's he not so good at? 

When fit his pace, strength and work rate is excellent. He's not a natural goalscorer but creates space for others to come into the game.  When he does score they tend to  be crackers. Unfortunately his fitness record is pretty poor. If he could sort that out he'd have a very good career.

Edited by Mr.Blue