The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Keenan talks a fair amount of shite on Twitter but he’s absolutely right in what he’s saying.

I disagree. I think the tweet has been taken completely out of context for the purpose of garnering attention on Twitter. That aside however, if a player does merit having his professionalism questioned then Dean Keenan is the last person who should be doing it.

Keenan talks a fair amount of shite on Twitter but he’s absolutely right in what he’s saying.
His absolute toys out pram meltdown afterwards sums him up. An absolute bawbag of a guy.

He takes a public dig at a young player > experienced player at the young players club defends young player > Dean Keenan cries about said experienced player defending the young player he slated because it's led to him getting pelters from the Morton fans.

If he wants to be opinionated and act the big man publicly on Twitter he has no right to bitch about getting pelters from fans of that players team.

I disagree. I think the tweet has been taken completely out of context for the purpose of garnering attention on Twitter. That aside however, if a player does merit having his professionalism questioned then Dean Keenan is the last person who should be doing it.

Imo the young guy is simply doing what most young footballers do nowadays but it still doesn’t make it right. I don’t think he meant anything bad by the tweet but it gives off the indication that he’s only out for himself.

I agree to a certain extent to what you’re saying about Keenan and he was always a bit of a loose cannon but as I said I don’t think that’s the kind of thing he would’ve done as a young player. From an Ayr perspective I don’t think I could call him unprofessional. Just a bit mental.

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Imo the young guy is simply doing what most young footballers do nowadays but it still doesn’t make it right. I don’t think he meant anything bad by the tweet but it gives off the indication that he’s only out for himself.

I agree to a certain extent to what you’re saying about Keenan and he was always a bit of a loose cannon but as I said I don’t think that’s the kind of thing he would’ve done as a young player. From an Ayr perspective I don’t think I could call him unprofessional. Just a bit mental.

If he didn't point out that he was disappointed in the tweet then that case would be stronger, but that's not the case. A young player is allowed to be delighted at signing a full time contract and scoring a debut goal (especially given he's a full back) and I'd be surprised if he didn't comment on it. I think it only gives off that impression if you're being obtuse and are looking to interpret it that way. 

Maybe he wouldn't have tweeted anything like that post match. But someone who had to be physically put to bed, because he was so drunk he couldn't stand, a few hours before a training session has no right to question anyone's professionalism. He also doesn't get to whine about getting snarly replies from Morton fans when he's trying his upmost to be seen as a Twitter personality.

Kyle Thomson  signed. Bit of an unknown quantity from the USA. Obviously  McKinnon has saw enough of him in training and bounce games to take a chance on him.

Defensive midfielder, who I'd imagine will fill in for Millar when he's not playing 

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This "only out for himself" stuff is just complete nonsense though. Tumilty isn't a Morton fan as far as I'm aware, he has no connection to Morton other than they employ him to play football which he did for the first time for them the other night. I don't see why a player can't post about being happy to score on their debut, even he acknowledged that the result wasn't what the team were after. If Tumilty has any ambition then he won't plan on staying at Morton for his whole career (no disrespect meant here). Of course he's in it for himself, he's there to play as well as he can and the knock on effect of that is that it helps the team play well. Fans are far too uptight about what players think of their club, it's a wage for the vast majority of them, nothing more.

The fact that Keenan has then thrown his toys out the pram for folk having a go at him (for having a go at someone else) is just glorious bawbaggery. This "£2" chat (or £10 in Keenan's case) that footballers have between themselves is a complete minter too btw.

1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Dean Keenan and Kieran McAnespie are fair making Noel Hunts of themselves on Twitter.

It's at times like this that I realise how much I'm missing out on by being blocked by Keenan on Twitter, despite having never tweeted him (or about him). In fact I don't think I even followed him :lol:

The best part of it was definitely Keenan and McAnespie crying about Chris Millar exposing them to 'abuse' and 'personal attacks' from fans by having the temerity to reply in defence of Tumilty, as if their original tweet wasn't an attack on Tumilty. :lol:

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

This "only out for himself" stuff is just complete nonsense though. Tumilty isn't a Morton fan as far as I'm aware, he has no connection to Morton other than they employ him to play football which he did for the first time for them the other night. I don't see why a player can't post about being happy to score on their debut, even he acknowledged that the result wasn't what the team were after. If Tumilty has any ambition then he won't plan on staying at Morton for his whole career (no disrespect meant here). Of course he's in it for himself, he's there to play as well as he can and the knock on effect of that is that it helps the team play well. Fans are far too uptight about what players think of their club, it's a wage for the vast majority of them, nothing more.

The fact that Keenan has then thrown his toys out the pram for folk having a go at him (for having a go at someone else) is just glorious bawbaggery. This "£2" chat (or £10 in Keenan's case) that footballers have between themselves is a complete minter too btw.

This. Just had a wee read of it after seeing the reference above. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Tumilty's tweet. He's entitled to be happy he scored after acknowledging it wasn't the result they wanted. Keenan has completely over-reacted and made a fool of himself.

Players have been saying things like that to the press for years and they print it as something like " I'm obviously disappointed with the result but it was good to get 90 minutes under my belt and score a goal considering I only signed at 11am today "

That is all he's said except it hasn't went through the process of being re-worded by a journalist.

I'm glad their absolute bawbaggery has gained international attention though.

Well the attention of P&B. hopefully they get hounded by fans of other clubs as well now to complete the total meltdown.

18 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Aye McAnespie and Keenan have both blocked me. Heads gone everywhere.

McAnespie probably figured you for the heavy breathing, weirdo grinder who used to ring in nightly when he was a TV cameraman