The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

13 hours ago, SuperTon said:

We’ll have big Denny fit for the start of the season hopefully so we’ll only have McHugh for friendlies and cup games. Hopefully Quitongo signs up sooner rather than later as well.

Find it strange that Jai hasn’t got himself a club yet if he is moving on.

Find it strange that Jai hasn’t got himself a club yet if he is moving on.
Not that strange that he is struggling to find someone willing to pay the compensation for a player with his injury record.

What's more strange is what on earth Tiffoney thinks he is doing.

Both being a bit stubborn if you ask me, tbh. 

We've been nothing but loyal to Jai through all of his injuries and have no doubt contributed some his rehab. He really ought to stop listening to his fanny of a father and gangster agent. He's fucked unless a big boy pays the compensation. I would avoid burning bridges if i was him. 

Tiffoney will have his agent doing the same thing but, like Jai, we're due comp so the likelihood is he'll struggle. 

Both, although jai to  a lesser extent, trying to run before they can walk. 

Edited by TurbineTon

30 minutes ago, Scosha said:

He would've signed with someone by now if compensation wasn't an issue.

Been training at Livi, apparently. So he'll be back with you soon, since they have no money. 

Been training at Livi, apparently. So he'll be back with you soon, since they have no money. 
Indeed. Strange he is still hanging about there when we are unlikely to budge on what we want, they are the least likely to pay it.

Both being a bit stubborn if you ask me, tbh. 

We've been nothing but loyal to Jai through all of his injuries and have no doubt contributed some his rehab. He really ought to stop listening to his fanny of a father and gangster agent. He's fucked unless a big boy pays the compensation. I would avoid burning bridges if i was him. 

Tiffoney will have his agent doing the same thing but, like Jai, we're due comp so the likelihood is he'll struggle. 

Both, although jai to  a lesser extent, trying to run before they can walk. 
From all the inside scoops on the official site, it is well documented that Tiff is a bit thick.

Crazy especially when you consider his brother was frozen out of a pro contract under similar circumstances.

21 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not that strange that he is struggling to find someone willing to pay the compensation for a player with his injury record.

What's more strange is what on earth Tiffoney thinks he is doing.

Aye, Quitongo has at least shown signs of having the potential to play at a higher level, for all that his injuries mean he'd be a massive gamble. Even without compensation being a factor, if Tiffoney was to leave Morton you'd think he'd struggle to find a full time deal elsewhere. It's bigger act of self-sabotage than Carlo Monti or Stefan McCluskey.

Aye, Quitongo has at least shown signs of having the potential to play at a higher level, for all that his injuries mean he'd be a massive gamble. Even without compensation being a factor, if Tiffoney was to leave Morton you'd think he'd struggle to find a full time deal elsewhere. It's bigger act of self-sabotage than Carlo Monti or Stefan McCluskey.
That previous trial with Swansea U23s going to his head.

Night and day the attitudes between him and Strapp who also had that trial. Strapp's head firmly screwed on while Tiff could very well see his career nosedive.

11 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
13 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Indeed. Strange he is still hanging about there when we are unlikely to budge on what we want, they are the least likely to pay it.

They'll be waiting to see if you break, I'd imagine there has been some sort of negotiation between the clubs. End of the day though, he's not your player, so all you have to do is sit back. Someone will sign him at some point. 

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I wouldn't be bothered if we did lose Tiffoney. He doesn't have a great deal of technical ability and his match intelligence matches his general intelligence. Raw pace won't cut it at this level. If he doesn't resign then he'll wash up at a Pollock or a Clyde. Quitongo leaving would leave a rather bad taste given the club have paid his wages during rehab, but we all know that birthday caird pish goes out the window when it comes to transfers. He has a horrific injury record and doesn't have a fantastic goal record, so he would be a massive gamble to any club taking him on.

They're both in very precarious positions at the moment and I'm beginning to think they're going to end up back at Cappielow with their tails between their legs.

A fit Jai would fly under McKinnon and his style of football i reckon. 

I'm sure all the sports science stuff would help with his fitness too, making sure he is not overdoing it etc. Heard players were told to sit out certain sessions  in pre season after test results etc,  no chance that would have happened under Duffy. The care and attention to detail is clearly paramount this season and hopefully it makes a big difference.

On 6/19/2018 at 16:58, Jamie_M said:

Not seen anything confirmed and only McKinnon is listed on the official site. Darren Taylor is clearly at the club as several players have mentioned him but not sure in what capacity. He's been a Coach and a Director of Football as part of McKinnon's setup before so who knows.

That's Darren Taylor's role clarified then.

https://gmfc.net/2018/07/06/darren-taylor-appointed-first-team-coach/

That's Darren Taylor's role clarified then.

https://gmfc.net/2018/07/06/darren-taylor-appointed-first-team-coach/
Kind of. Appointed First Team coach but then labelled as his 'right hand man', a description you would normally associate with an Assistant Manager.

Still unclear if he covers both roles or if someone else is incoming.

Strange it has taken this long to confirm someone who has clearly been working at the club since McKinnon came in.

Refreshing to hear about looking to win every game and being competitive in the league than the dross from the last few seasons about competing with the likes of Livingston and having no chance against European giants Dundee United. 

Welcome to Morton Darren. 

24 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Kind of. Appointed First Team coach but then labelled as his 'right hand man', a description you would normally associate with an Assistant Manager.

Still unclear if he covers both roles or if someone else is incoming.

Strange it has taken this long to confirm someone who has clearly been working at the club since McKinnon came in.

Fair enough, my reading of it was he'd be Ray's 2nd in command, but i take your point!