The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just remembered Daniel Prodan passed a medical and Rangers spent millions on him.

No wonder they died.

Wasn’t the story they never actually had a medical and just forged the documents? Hilarious either way. 

Not worried about us signing Denny with an injury, though I’m not sure what we do attacking-wise in the League Cup in a few weeks with nobody left.

5 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Wasn’t the story they never actually had a medical and just forged the documents? Hilarious either way. 

Not worried about us signing Denny with an injury, though I’m not sure what we do attacking-wise in the League Cup in a few weeks with nobody left.

Oliver or MacLean could play up top I guess...

On 28/06/2018 at 14:23, madton said:

He came in injured, not as if he got injured in pre-season!

Well our first game of pre-season is v Motherwell on Tues at 11am. According to live score.

At Parklea no doubt

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

Yer man Jamie McGowan any good? Played as a trialist for us today, would likely be second choice to Grant Adam.

He done well when he came in for us last year against Dundee Utd in the playoffs. Not saw much otherwise. He's been back training with us so McKinnon can have a look at him, but at his age he needs to be playing regular first team games and won't get that with us. 

13 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

He done well when he came in for us last year against Dundee Utd in the playoffs. Not saw much otherwise. He's been back training with us so McKinnon can have a look at him, but at his age he needs to be playing regular first team games and won't get that with us. 

Cheers, sounds like he wouldn't be the worst option then.

I'd imagine that Adam will start the season as number one, but hopefully Jamie will push him. We've not really had proper competition for the shirt for a few years.

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Cheers, sounds like he wouldn't be the worst option then.

I'd imagine that Adam will start the season as number one, but hopefully Jamie will push him. We've not really had proper competition for the shirt for a few years.

Jamie is a good young keeper. Been out since last year with a shoulder injury. Would do well at Dumbarton but I thought he was still in at Morton. 

8 hours ago, jimmy 1 said:

Jamie is a good young keeper. Been out since last year with a shoulder injury. Would do well at Dumbarton but I thought he was still in at Morton. 

That's good to hear. I don't know what the deal is, but he definitely played for us yesterday. Maybe with Gaston and Scully in front of him he feels he'll have a better shot at first team football at the Rock.

Edited by Ross Forbes

5 hours ago, stuartk12 said:

Brilliant turnout from Morton fans today as the funeral cortege of Morton saviour Douglas Rae passed by Cappielow.

Rest in peace.rsz_1img-20180702-wa0009.jpg

Excellent show of respect,  well done Morton fans. 

The great and the good of Scottish football were represented at the funeral service including both professional bodies by their senior people,  as far as I could see, directors from most championship clubs, ex managers, managers of other clubs, many former players plus of course all the present squad, directors, staff and management.  I can’t list everyone for fear of missing someone but thank you Scottish football for the the respect shown to our Chaiman.  

At a personal level, thanks also to my friend Douglas Rae for giving me the opportunity to become involved at board level with the club I have loved man and boy!  I hope we can live up to your ambition for the club!

The video clip on the Greenock Telegraph website of the supporters applauding the cortege as it drove slowly past Cappielow  is actually quite moving. Well done to all of those who made the effort to be there to pay their respects.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

Cracking old fashioned style CH. Very young so prone to mistakes but came from nowhere for us last season. Strong, good in the air and a threat at goal. 

From wiki page :

Waddell scored his first goal in his senior career shortly followed with his second as he scored both goals in a 2-1 victory over hearts, the winner coming in the last minute. Neil McCann went on to describe Waddell as one of the greatest headerers of the ball in the country.

46 minutes ago, JustOneCornetto said:

From wiki page :

Waddell scored his first goal in his senior career shortly followed with his second as he scored both goals in a 2-1 victory over hearts, the winner coming in the last minute. Neil McCann went on to describe Waddell as one of the greatest headerers of the ball in the country.

:lol: