The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

27 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Denny is another good signing in what has the making to be a very capable squad. Oliver and Telfer playing behind someone like Johnstone has the makings of a good attacking force.

The next priority has to be getting good full-backs signed up.

We already have one in Iredale.

We obv need one on the right though and another centre half!

Kilday and Buchanan are solid enough starting CBs but we definitely need back up!

Not convinced Kilday is good enough as a first choice CB. I’d rather he was the backup and we signed someone more proficient. Squad starting to look quite tasty, though it’s still early days.

14 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Not convinced Kilday is good enough as a first choice CB. I’d rather he was the backup and we signed someone more proficient. Squad starting to look quite tasty, though it’s still early days.

Squad still looks as though most of it would have been assembled by Duffy if he were still here and is heavily influenced by Hawke. How many of the new guys could genuinely be identified as McKinnon’s picks, ? Telfer and Buchanan. 

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Squad still looks as though most of it would have been assembled by Duffy if he were still here and is heavily influenced by Hawke. How many of the new guys could genuinely be identified as McKinnon’s picks, ? Telfer and Buchanan. 

Expecting many bites??

2 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

:lol: 

3 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Hmmm, now let's get this straight.......

According to you, Duffy was Douglas Rae's puppet.

As, of course, was Warren Hawke.

And now, of course, Ray McKinnon is nestling quietly in Hawke's jaikit pocket.......

So, how's the weather on your home planet?

16 hours ago, madton said:

We already have one in Iredale.

We obv need one on the right though and another centre half!

Offensively yes, Iredale is excellent. I'm yet to be convinced that he is solid enough defensively to be our first choice left back over the course of a full season.

11 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Offensively yes, Iredale is excellent. I'm yet to be convinced that he is solid enough defensively to be our first choice left back over the course of a full season.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lewis Strapp is our first choice left back before too long.  As you say Iredale is good going forward but Strapp is too and defensively he is probably stronger. 

But we do need a good right back. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Toon said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lewis Strapp is our first choice left back before too long.  As you say Iredale is good going forward but Strapp is too and defensively he is probably stronger. 

But we do need a good right back. 

I think Iredale will really kick on next season.

He arrived late last Summer so  probably didn't have a proper pre season. He then went on loan to part time Queens before coming back and thrown straight into action with us.( where he done really well) so stop/start first season for him.

Honestly think he will be a big player for us and having Strapp behind him pushing for a starting place can only be a good thing!

1 hour ago, madton said:

I think Iredale will really kick on next season.

He arrived late last Summer so  probably didn't have a proper pre season. He then went on loan to part time Queens before coming back and thrown straight into action with us.( where he done really well) so stop/start first season for him.

Honestly think he will be a big player for us and having Strapp behind him pushing for a starting place can only be a good thing!

Can't really disagree with any of that. 

Good position to be in. 

17 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

What makes you think that? Just cos there's a few ex ton players there? 

I'd find it very hard to believe mckinnon has come in and is having his team dictated by hawke

2 hours ago, sigton said:

Even worse. Would he have not failed a medical then?

Do you really think that any physical issues, and their seriousness and expected duration, would not have been taken into account before he was signed? 

Are you Szaba Laslo in disguise?