The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Seems like he isn't asking for a large wage and is interested in it - the club are interested too which just leaves compensation. 

Worth noting that any compensation will be <50k. We paid 50k for Sibbald and he's been at Falkirk for a lot longer than Quitongo has been with Morton. Any compensation will likely be 10-20k which we could easily pay for. Depends on if we want to take the risk given his injuries.

I'd definitely take the risk personally seems like a great player

Sibbald was 23 when he signed for you, surprised you had to pay them anything!

Seems like he isn't asking for a large wage and is interested in it - the club are interested too which just leaves compensation. 

Worth noting that any compensation will be
I'd definitely take the risk personally seems like a great player

Be interesting to see how he does at a higher level, he'll definitely rag doll a few centre halfs but has he got the quality to score goals? He can bang in the odd screamer but that's not enough.

1 minute ago, niketon said:

Be interesting to see how he does at a higher level, he'll definitely rag doll a few centre halfs but has he got the quality to score goals? He can bang in the odd screamer but that's not enough.

If he does come he'll either be converted to a out and out forward to run at defences or played out wide to get balls into the box. We need both a winger and a forward but if we get Hardie and Quitongo I think we'll be set for a strong XI

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

So why are some of you up in arms about it? 

Dunno, but some take fitba a bit too personally. We've had a few years of good service from big Tam and he was a standout performer the season before last.

That article, and the one on the last day of the season when he made it public he would be leaving, make him look a bit of an arse, but can't say I've lost any sleep over it and I'm not gonna be booing him when he comes back to play against us. He's made what he thinks is a good move, let him get on with it and time will tell.

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

So why are some of you up in arms about it? 

"I wanted to leave last year" is a bit of shite thing to say when you still had a year left on his contract and it completely explains his billy big baws attitude throughout last season. I don't expect any loyalty from footballers but I'd expect him to have a bit more decency after being with us for 7 years. 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

If he does come he'll either be converted to a out and out forward to run at defences or played out wide to get balls into the box. We need both a winger and a forward but if we get Hardie and Quitongo I think we'll be set for a strong XI

He's as good as a man down out wide. 

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

"I wanted to leave last year" is a bit of shite thing to say when you still had a year left on his contract and it completely explains his billy big baws attitude throughout last season. I don't expect any loyalty from footballers but I'd expect him to have a bit more decency after being with us for 7 years. 

That said, I still don’t get the animosity since you apparently already have two better CBs. So if anything, we’ve done you a favour. You’re welcome. 

Tam was very reliable the season before last - could put a bet on him to score first or any time and make a decent return on that.  Last season not so much, and he was a bit erratic as a defender.  Terrible distribution at times and cost us a few goals - always blaming someone else.  I like Tam, no nonsense CB who will certainly not get any abuse from me next season, but he has weaknesses in his game.  The fact that he has signed for a club that may well continue on a downward spiral to the seaside league suggests that there wasn't actually that much demand for his services at a higher level.  Tam must be fuming that Rickie Lamie has made it to the top division - where I think he will do fine - but I wish Tam well.  With luck he'll be in a struggling team in freefall though.

17 hours ago, cilitbang said:

That said, I still don’t get the animosity since you apparently already have two better CBs. So if anything, we’ve done you a favour. You’re welcome. 

It's because he's an arsehole; happy to clear things up for you.

20 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Worth noting that any compensation will be <50k. We paid 50k for Sibbald and he's been at Falkirk for a lot longer than Quitongo has been with Morton. Any compensation will likely be 10-20k which we could easily pay for. 

That's not how the system actually works. 

Did he not get included in the championship team of the year? Hardly downed tools