The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Failure even when the odds are stacked in his favour

Who were the people 'with a high track record of getting these things right' who  touted Lee McCulloch for the job?

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

But now that I've said it once I won't feel the need to say it again. Or again.

Good for you; nobody really cares about your concern trolling when others do though. 

It's not as if he's going to join Jim McInally in the 'point and laugh at the rest of his failed career' category anyway.

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

Good for you; nobody really cares about your concern trolling when others do though. 

It's not as if he's going to join Jim McInally in the 'point and laugh at the rest of his failed career' category anyway.

How is your career going Doctor? You even had a job yet or are you still touring the world trying to sniff out a  Brian Wake used jock strap?

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Who were the people 'with a high track record of getting these things right' who  touted Lee McCulloch for the job?

Keith Chegwin, Gary Barlow and Climie Fisher....

Sorry didnt carry my notepad to get the other ones 

4 hours ago, virginton said:

That post must've sounded better in your head than it looks on the page.

2/10.  

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

Keith Chegwin, Gary Barlow and Climie Fisher....

Sorry didnt carry my notepad to get the other ones 

You're the one who made the claim so I'm not sure why you're now having a hissy fit at having  to provide some examples of those 'with a high track record of getting things right' who touted McCulloch for the job - that should be a straightforward task. I think we can safely conclude then that you were actually talking pish again and had nothing to go on other than what a couple of utter clowns in the Scottish media wanted to happen for their big mate. 

Thanks for playing anyway champ. 

Edited by vikingTON

20 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

While I'm very much in the 'wait and see what happens' frame of mind about this appointment rather than excitement, if McKinnon does end up being a success then it's going to be great dragging up the comments made about Duffy's sacking by every single fucking guest on Sportsound for the last month.

16423339-Kevin-Keegan_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq4imjW0Q7nSWAOC8fLXvIy43_VAEW5nZafGmERDsD544.jpg.16abf70f275a8277e9328fc4c0e34011.jpg

This has been grating me as well (probably much more than it should to be honest) but so called experts spouting absolute nonsense having not seen us or aware of some of the stupid decisions Duffy made has been utter non sense.

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Heard we're signing Jai Quitongo - any good?

Very. Knows his way around the treatment table. A top addition to any physio's client portfolio.

If what people are reporting are true, Taiwo seems to be a solid player at this level. However isn't he a box to box midfielder? Would suggest to me Murdoch is on his way out.

From our current crop:

Gaston, he has dips but has been the most consistent keeper we have had in years.

Lamie and Murdoch are vital to keep a good core.

Quitongo and Oliver are great players but not irreplaceable. This season would really be Jai's last chance or he will be joining the Leighton McIntosh's of the world.

Also get rid of Thompson and McHugh (cue them being a 40 goal a season partnership en route to the title).

On 5/30/2018 at 18:06, virginton said:

It was always going to be another  ex Brechin man to bail you lot out. 

For an insignificant village team we seem to have served Morton well over the years. ;)