The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

In fairness, that sounds like tremendous behaviour.

It was fantastic. It's pretty hard to get booked for a celebration these days if you don't take your top off. Morgan was lucky not to get sent off. Goal of the season for me.

Edited by GAD

4 hours ago, Tri-TON said:

It might come across as taking the end of the season badly but surely I'm not the only one worried about next season? Thomson and McHugh are signed up, that has relegation written all over it.

Let's not forget that in addition to Thomson and McHugh being under contract, John Baird will be available for a permanent deal.

If Duffy's still in charge next season our strikeforce is going to make Kabba Modou-Cham, Iain Diack and Phil Cannie look like Gabriel Batistuta, Diego Maradona and Claudia Cannigia.

If I haven't made it clear enough already on this forum, John Baird is an appalling footballer.

Let's not forget that in addition to Thomson and McHugh being under contract, John Baird will be available for a permanent deal.
If Duffy's still in charge next season our strikeforce is going to make Kabba Modou-Cham, Iain Diack and Phil Cannie look like Gabriel Batistuta, Diego Maradona and Claudia Cannigia.
If I haven't made it clear enough already on this forum, John Baird is an appalling footballer.

Have you seen the interview with him and Gary Fraser? Look like they are just away to hang about with methadone mick

What acting the big man behind a group of police and stewards? I’m sure he wouldn’t be man enough to do that to a group of Morton fans in the street.
PS yeah I know I’ve taken the bait and expect to be ridiculed for it, but it was stupid of him and there was no need for him to step over that barrier towards the away end.

Pipe down you fat w**k

Few to many bottles of merrydown ya tramp junkie c**t. A night of celebration and on here.
Gormless feegie clown

Ofcourse I’m on here to have a good laugh at you sad sacks before I go to sleep and end this glorious day [emoji23][emoji23]

Just out of interest, how did you feel about Tam O'Ware's cutthroat gesture to the St Mirren support?
Surely Morgan, Inverclyde's sportsman of the year, was just greeting his adoring townsfolk...

Dish it out, get it back. Too many fans get precious when it's given back.

Same fans who revere their own players when they wind up the opposition after a goal (Rowan Vine against Dundee, Gunning against Dundee Utd and Tam O'Ware against St Mirren being notable examples).

No issue with Morgan giving it big licks, he was probably getting it tight before it (much like Alan Lithgow giving it back after the hounding he was given before his assist and 2 goals the other week).

Rightfully booked but I'm sure he won't give 2 fucks about that.

As for Tam's 'throat cut', while the actual gesture was ill-advised and I can see why some St Mirren fans got worked up about it, I thought it was pretty well established now the context behind it (it wasn't a throat cut gesture per se, it was the Undertaker's taunt.)

There are a few wrestling fans in the Morton team, they had all been on a night out that week dressed as wrestlers (Tam being the Undertaker) and the celebration was a follow on from that. There's been a few other wrestling celebrations since (Iredale giving a 2 sweet gesture after scoring the winner against Dumbarton).

Anyway. Disappointed you lot had an open top bus. A championship train with Portillo on board would have been far more appropriate. Poor show.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Same fans who revere their own players when they wind up the opposition after a goal (Rowan Vine against Dundee, Gunning against Dundee Utd and Tam O'Ware against St Mirren being notable examples).

No issue with Morgan giving it big licks, he was probably getting it tight before it (much like Alan Lithgow giving it back after the hounding he was given before his assist and 2 goals the other week).

As for Tam's 'throat cut', while the actual gesture was ill-advised and I can see why some St Mirren fans got worked up about it, I thought it was pretty well established now the context behind it (it wasn't a throat cut gesture per se, it was the Undertaker's taunt.)

There are a few wrestling fans in the Morton team, they had all been on a night out that week dressed as wrestlers (Tam being the Undertaker) and the celebration was a follow on from that. There's been a few other wrestling celebrations since (Iredale giving a 2 sweet gesture after scoring the winner against Dumbarton).

Anyway. Disappointed you lot had an open top bus. A championship train with Portillo on board would have been far more appropriate. Poor show.

Beat me to it. The boy has been on the end of some amount of abuse this season from us. Did anyone expect anything different when he scored? He's more than entitled to celebrate in the way he did.

What acting the big man behind a group of police and stewards? I’m sure he wouldn’t be man enough to do that to a group of Morton fans in the street.

PS yeah I know I’ve taken the bait and expect to be ridiculed for it, but it was stupid of him and there was no need for him to step over that barrier towards the away end.

Great to see a new take on the “If he did that on the street he’d be locked up” cliche.

Being a wrestling fan is a red card offence.

50 minutes ago, Stu said:

Being a wrestling fan is a red card offence.

A  wrestling  analogy isn' t too far off the mark - and the Raes have been writing the script for years. This season we were fake contenders for a top 4 place even though, according to the manager, we were facing goliath like teams every week.  For a decent period we looked like we could  overcome all these obstacles and take the season to a grandstand finish... before getting knocked senseless in the latter part of the contest - and  getting  carried out the ring feet first,  faces awash with fake blood.

The fact is,  we were bit players and the board didn' t  give the manager a tight enough  script besides - stay in the  championship show , and get us a wee run in a cup.  And the manager has (partially ) delivered   in the midst of his two year deal.

The manager has been discredited in the eyes of the fans, but the truth is, we need a new script writer.

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

IMG_1524381754.929549.jpg

Acting the big man, eh? I’d like to see him try that, while holding a championship trophy, sporting his winners medal, in front of thousands of St Mirren fans basking in the late evening sunshine.

Oh....

11 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

He's also third top all time goal scorer in the Championship. We could do worse, and usually do.

10 minutes ago, Dr Watson said:

He's also third top all time goal scorer in the Championship. We could do worse, and usually do.

It’s the Morton way though, take a decent looking footballer and turn him into a shite footballer.

Edited by IainMorton

I don’t think Baird has been as bad as some make out. He had a couple of poor games at the start but the last few he’s looked ok and scored a few goals. Wouldn’t like to see us sign him next season though. 

I think Oliver playing behind an actual goal scorer would be very good. Hope Duffy can find one as that’s 2 seasons in a row where our forwards don’t score many goals. 

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I don’t think Baird has been as bad as some make out. He had a couple of poor games at the start but the last few he’s looked ok and scored a few goals. Wouldn’t like to see us sign him next season though. 

I think Oliver playing behind an actual goal scorer would be very good. Hope Duffy can find one as that’s 2 seasons in a row where our forwards don’t score many goals. 

We may already have the answer to that, unfortunately he was in the away end yesterday on crutches.

Edited by IainMorton