The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Says someone who likely has his victims chopped up and stored in the back of a white Transit van. 

I repeat, what a strange take on the world you have.

And besides, the van's black. MWAHAAHAAHAA.......

Is the Morton forum quiet because no-one can remember their password?

Or some people still checking the old domain because the site fucked off to a new one without telling anyone.

I would have been if i hadn't seen the new link on here.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Or some people still checking the old domain because the site fucked off to a new one without telling anyone.

Same here, but thought it would've been busier by now.

And if you search for Morton forum on Google it comes up with the old address but not the new one.

Blimey. A trip down memory lane. Graham Roberts  and  the great, recently departed, Ray Wilkins. Was the latter just co-incidence or is that how the article resurfaced?  Until last week, I'd actually forgotten he'd played in Scotland.

And a winner from Tommy Turner. What's not to like, even for a Saints fan?

Edited by AllyM
remove empty "hidden contents" box

16 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Someone posted this on one of the Facebook fans page. 30 years ago today. Was this our last win in the top flight?

AC6955BB-FCDE-44C2-9836-6BD36A718704.jpeg

3DE2E5A1-08B0-42E3-81D1-D38B4A7DCC1F.jpeg

They're almost balanced reports on the actual match as well rather than the usual Sevco pandering!

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

They're almost balanced reports on the actual match as well rather than the usual Sevco pandering!

Yeah,unlikely to get as unbiased a report these days in most of the press. Though I see one of the reporters is named Joe McBride, so I wonder if he'd maybe have been as neutral had we been playing the other ersecheek.......

19 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Someone posted this on one of the Facebook fans page. 30 years ago today. Was this our last win in the top flight?

AC6955BB-FCDE-44C2-9836-6BD36A718704.jpeg

3DE2E5A1-08B0-42E3-81D1-D38B4A7DCC1F.jpeg

The answer to the question is "yes".

McGraw was quoted in the press as saying that he wished the season was just starting. He then served us up these remaining four games - 

Aberdeen (H) 0-2

Falkirk (a) 1-4

Dundee United (H) 0-4

Hibernian (a) 1-3

The Dundee United game saw Wylie have an absolute 'mare and a half and Paatelainen scored all four. The Hibs game is remembered because Andy Goram scored one of Hibs's goals. The manager should have been given one season to get us back up - instead he spent six seasons stagnating before getting us relegated again. Chairman at the time was far too soft.