The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Not happy with the idea of entering into loan deals with Rangers, regardless of how good the player might be.

After their shameful refusal to accept that their fans showered us with various projectiles at that bin a couple of years ago, and the strange disappearance of any CCTV footage, I'd prefer we didn't enter into any dealings with them at all, unless forced by fixtures matching us with them.

if it means cutting off our nose to spite our face, then so be it.

This.

There was a time when Morton couldn't do enough deals with Oldrangers - loads of testemonials and frendlies, the odd loanee (e.g. John Spencer) and ensuring that they got first refusal of our players (Reid and McInnes spring to mind). Probably had something to do with our manager at the time quite liking them.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:28, Tri-TON said:

People suggesting we are bringing in Liam Kelly in on loan from Rangers as competition for Gaston. Anyone know much about him?

Was an okay keeper, pretty suspect at times. Gave away multiple goals due to mistakes through the season - mainly against EF.

I don't know if he's Championship quality but I'd be a bit put off if we signed him again as 1st choice for Championship. Could do a turn though but who knows?

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Was an okay keeper, pretty suspect at times. Gave away multiple goals due to mistakes through the season - mainly against EF.

I don't know if he's Championship quality but I'd be a bit put off if we signed him again as 1st choice for Championship. Could do a turn though but who knows?

So he's ok, but suspect, crap, but you're not sure about him, but you wouldn't have him back but who knows??

Thats cleared that up then!! 

Let in 2 absolute howlers against East Fife and Alloa and was suspect in another couple of goals against East Fife, but did ok in most games. Wouldn't have wanted us to have him this season in the Championship though, don't think he's quite ready for that level.

1 minute ago, mylothedog said:

So he's ok, but suspect, crap, but you're not sure about him, but you wouldn't have him back but who knows??

Bang average for L1, shite for Championship. Better?

Just now, mylothedog said:

Put it this way, if he was in goals against us i'd be wanting our players to have long rage pot shots at him because he let in a couple of howlers from 35+ yards out that were hit straight at him rather softly.

1 minute ago, an86 said:

I know he didn't get much of a kick for the first team, but we've apparently signed Thomas Orr. Decent for our level?

He was on loan at Livi last season and returned early. Not sure what the full reasons behind that were but I don't think he did well enough. 

Banged them in for the development squad but didn't look up to it in the Championship. I hope he does well for you but I would be surprised if he did. 

1 minute ago, an86 said:

I know he didn't get much of a kick for the first team, but we've apparently signed Thomas Orr. Decent for our level?

We didn't see enough of him at first team level to say really. The only description that everyone would agree on is 'raw'. Tried hard and had a bit of pace, but he didn't do anything to suggest he deserved more of a chance. As far as I can remember, on his only start the game just passed him by without him looking particularly out of his depth.

He played regularly for East Stirling on loan there in 15/16 but last season he only managed three sub appearances at Livingston before the loan was terminated at the end of August so that doesn't say much for his prowess in League One, but again it's hard to judge on so few appearances. If he gets a start against us in the League Cup, that'll be the first time most of us have seen more than ten minutes of him in two years.

other than having a bit of pace, anything else you can tell us................small/tall, good in the air, likes the ball played into feet or long to run onto etc, or have you really not seen enough of him to say?

49 minutes ago, The Spider said:

other than having a bit of pace, anything else you can tell us................small/tall, good in the air, likes the ball played into feet or long to run onto etc, or have you really not seen enough of him to say?

I've watched him quite a bit with the reserves, he wins alot in the air, strong and physical as well and that's where most of his goals come from, brushing defenders off the ball. Likes to close down defenders at every opportunity. He's a clever player with his movement and his timing of runs, his finishing inside the box is very good, he scored on his first ever appearance for our first team but it was ruled offside.  With a run of games I expect him to be a good signing. 

19 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

19 cuntosemoji3.png

^^^   More to be pitied than scolded.

i do actually feel sorry for you. I'd hate to see my club allow something like that defacing our ground.

^^^   More to be pitied than scolded.
i do actually feel sorry for you. I'd hate to see my club allow something like that defacing our ground.

I really wasn't bothered about that but some seemed to get their knickers in a right twist over it.