The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Well this is all incredibly disappointing, these revised tops all look utterly tremendous. You'd be automatic relegation contenders if you had to wear the original monstrosity.

Big fan of the tartan kit, and I like the other one that looks almost 80s-esque.

I love the idea of tartan hoops and I hope we do it in the future but this one looks and feels cheap in person. If we're going to do tartan hoops I'd like it to be tartan or white sleeves and not blue. Great idea but not executed properly, yet.

Morton's kits through history

a funny range, really. First one I can remember was the 84/85 kit when Morton (Duffy, Boag, Davie Wylie as a promising young keeper) were regulalrly seen being given a shoeing on Scotsport and were relegated by March. The late 80s kit with two diagonal bands is the first Morton strip I saw "live"...they had a bowfing Forfar sky blue template as the away top that season.

Can't see the tartan fetish myself. That "Matchwinner" kit was an all time low, but really, really popular for some reason.

Hal Stewart's fluorescent strips, green and orange in the 60's were ground breaking at the time. Dundee Utd liked the orange version so much that they changed their former drab colours and pinched it.

DutchBorderer, on 28 May 2016 - 21:58, said:

I would consider buying that tartan effort if it's chosen. Never heard of that PSL brand though, what's the deal with that being on the kit with the other three being unbranded?

They were just showing alternative possibilities. The tartan effort and the one with 1874 on it were both produced by PSL and are poor quality. Another supplier offered up the 2 good ones (retro and pinstripe). I think the club are considering going for an 1874 branding on the winning design and using it as a brand unless feedback suggests it's a crap idea.

They were just showing alternative possibilities. The tartan effort and the one with 1874 on it were both produced by PSL and are poor quality. Another supplier offered up the 2 good ones (retro and pinstripe). I think the club are considering going for an 1874 branding on the winning design and using it as a brand unless feedback suggests it's a crap idea.

Anything which plays up to our proud and unbroken history is fine by me.

f**k it, get a picture of Cappielow somewhere too, the oldest still-used stadium in Scotland or something.