The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Morton don't do PR, and the people running the club probably don't even know what it means. They also don't waste money buying 100 strips for a launch that they cancel days before due to fan backlash.

If anyone from the club's listening then I'd be interested in relieving them of one of the rejected kits...

Thinking that lad Duffy apparently done not too bad at Alloa on loan from Celtic. Relegated but Celtic will probably look to punt him mid table. We've lost two wingers so far, and is a better option than McMullan surely??

Thinking that lad Duffy apparently done not too bad at Alloa on loan from Celtic. Relegated but Celtic will probably look to punt him mid table. We've lost two wingers so far, and is a better option than McMullan surely??

Ross County/Motherwell bound.

McCluskey's gonna be a player a lot of fans will realise how good he was once he leaves. Worked well in our system offering something direct from the flank and covered a load of ground with his defensive duties. A few shanked crosses and mishit passes and too many only looked at him from an attacking view point and focused on the negatives.

Little bit worried about the season ahead. Happy with the defence and central midfield but after losing Barr, McCluskey and the boys on loan we've got nothing going forward at all apart from a few untested youngsters.

The Duff hasn't let me down so far with signings, yet, and it's a solid base to build on but to rebuild an entire attacking set up's a dodgy one

I have. But I only get to half a dozen games a year.

When we went up last season the majority of folk on here were talking about finishing bottom or staying up via the play offs if we were lucky as we'd kept the majority of the squad who barely squeaked over the line against part timers the year before. But that core group was something Morton had been missing for years. We always seem to have half the squad leave and nearly new starting XIs year on year. He shows trust in his players and gets it reciprocated. Even when we were challenging Partick for promotion a few years ago there wasn't that sense of togetherness with the squad as there is now. Team full of, to use a cliché, "good, honest pros" that just needs a wee sprinkling of quality here and there in the right places and he's usually managed to find it through the loan market.

McCluskey's gonna be a player a lot of fans will realise how good he was once he leaves. Worked well in our system offering something direct from the flank and covered a load of ground with his defensive duties. A few shanked crosses and mishit passes and too many only looked at him from an attacking view point and focused on the negatives.

Little bit worried about the season ahead. Happy with the defence and central midfield but after losing Barr, McCluskey and the boys on loan we've got nothing going forward at all apart from a few untested youngsters.

The Duff hasn't let me down so far with signings, yet, and it's a solid base to build on but to rebuild an entire attacking set up's a dodgy one

We're not even out of the month of May yet :huh:

Apparently the club will be selling off the rejected bespoke designs as well. Having not bought a top for years, I can see myself buying four this summer :lol:

Sad to see McCluskey go. I was one of his biggest critics in his first six months at the club, but the change in him as a player ever since that game in January 2015 where he equalised as we came from behind to win at Ochilview was incredible. If we have aspirations of pushing for the playoffs he's not good enough to be starter, but he's a lot better than he's been given credit for and we could do a lot worse; we want to push on and bring a higher standard of player in for a proper playoff challenge, but replace solid performers like him with Sabajo style duds and we're in danger of going backwards towards the wrong playoffs. He's definitely good enough for a lower half Championship team and I'll not be surprised if he's having a blinder against us for Dumbarton or Ayr in a few months time.

Apparently the club will be selling off the rejected bespoke designs as well. Having not bought a top for years, I can see myself buying four this summer :lol:

5 - if they also let me have one of the scrapped tops.