The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

McCluskey shouldn't be a starter, but I'd be more than happy to see him stay with us as cover. He's a competent player at this level, no more and no less. Not good enough to be starting every week if we want to progress and make a credible playoff challenge, but he's already the only wide midfielder we've got at the club and I don't see us finding three who are all better than him in one summer.

Agreed. Id like to think we could bring in better quality for the starting 11, but he would be a decent option coming off the bench or filling in now and again.

In saying that, if he did move on, It wouldn't be a great disappointment.

Fair play to Morton for actually listening to the fans.

What else were they going to do? The brute force approach in deriding the strip made their minds up for them. The negative media attention has been a bit of a disaster.

Smith's have a lot to answer for as well IMO, they're in charge of merchandise but Morton agreed to that arrangement and are ultimately accountable for this latest of many shambles.

Couldn't give a toss if McCluskey goes or not. He's over-performed my expectations over the last two season but we're a supposedly established Championship side now. We therefore need players who possess genuine quality to break open opposition defences more often, or we'll be shitfesting it to another low 40s goals and points total in the next campaign.

Who are these people supposing Morten are an established Championship side? Can you please inform them that it will require significantly more than one season back in the league to be considered 'established'.

Who are these people supposing Morten are an established Championship side? Can you please inform them that it will require significantly more than one season back in the league to be considered 'established'.

No. Delete your account.

Will it be a totally public vote?  :huh:

Have to vote in person. Details in the Greenock Tele (of course) next week.

Frankly I think it shows how stubbornly we're clinging to the 20th Century, missing a great opportunity to improve our online presence (and attractiveness to advertisers) by not forcing folk to sign up to Newsletters (etc.) in order to vote.

Have to vote in person. Details in the Greenock Tele (of course) next week.

Frankly I think it shows how stubbornly we're clinging to the 20th Century, missing a great opportunity to improve our online presence (and attractiveness to advertisers) by not forcing folk to sign up to Newsletters (etc.) in order to vote.

You'd have idiots voting for the Boaty McBoatface kit though.

You'd have idiots voting for the Boaty McBoatface kit though.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I had a beer called Beery McBeerface last night and it was wonderful. Therefore, anything with that nomenclature is going to be wonderful.