Bo'ness United 2015-16

Sheep77

Yeah better won but it was 1 each with 5 minutes to go believe it or not the sub comes comes on with his first tuoch hits one from 25 yards into top corner our keeper gets injured then get caught out late on but shuold be good game hopefully our captain will be back as he was missing on sat so it was a makeshift back four

Bo'ness United the better side by a distance and 2-1 really flatters Newtongrange IMO. Big Renton and the mini-beast Thomson the only two footballers playing for the Star today and I thought the rest of their side looked poor. Don Morrison was very good against big Renton. Several good performances by the BU's today who strung together some nice passing moves when they kept it on the deck.

The miss by Darren was a stoater empty net 5 yards out and he puts it over the bar. To his credit he worked his socks off after that when lesser players would have tried to hide. I expect him to pay the fans back at Troon with a goal.

I thought the referee had a good game and got most things right most of the time. On the negative side he didn't let the BU's play on when they had a clear advantage but on the plus side he wasn't conned by the Star players diving.

Darren's miss could have been costly but it's a modern tendency to aim for the roof of the net when making sure is always the best bet - too often chances are missed as players go for the goal which looks good

Referee for the Troon v Bo'ness United game is Craig Napier. The ref that sent off Stuart Hunter in the game v Rutherglen Glencairn twenty months ago for (shock horror) celebrating a goal. No excuses for red cards this time as we know what to expect from the man in black.

Yeah better won but it was 1 each with 5 minutes to go believe it or not the sub comes comes on with his first tuoch hits one from 25 yards into top corner our keeper gets injured then get caught out late on but shuold be good game hopefully our captain will be back as he was missing on sat so it was a makeshift back four

Certainly wasn't a 'make shift back four ' you played you 1st choice side only Dean Keenan was missing.

Incidentally we scored our three goals in last ten mins not five.

You were beat by the better team on the day doesn't change the fact you have a good side and will bounce back for sure and play at a cracking venue with a top notch pitch. Would take this game in myself if wasn't so far away.

I read last week Chris Mackie is at boness and mentioned this to a few Roy lads on Saturday and they burst out laughing that he somehow managed a move to boness. I think they gave him a month max at boness.

Certainly wasn't a 'make shift back four ' you played you 1st choice side only Dean Keenan was missing.

Incidentally we scored our three goals in last ten mins not five.

You were beat by the better team on the day doesn't change the fact you have a good side and will bounce back for sure and play at a cracking venue with a top notch pitch. Would take this game in myself if wasn't so far away.

I read last week Chris Mackie is at boness and mentioned this to a few Roy lads on Saturday and they burst out laughing that he somehow managed a move to boness. I think they gave him a month max at boness.

Looks like they could be right. Played in 5 games, scored in first two and looked good but obviously not match-fit. Then did next to nothing in the next three. Didn't appear on Saturday and still waiting for an explanation.

Wasn't any more makeshift than the week before when we won

I don't think Troon have the biggest of supports in ayrshire but they are a really good bunch. You will enjoy it.

My understanding and this is from fellow rabs supporters who remember MacKie has a habit of just walking out on teams