West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

Seen some similar threads but who is your player of the division and the opposition player that stood out against your team

Player of the division - Wullie McLaren Forth (yip I'm biased)

Opposition - don't know the lads name but the goalie from Newmains had 2 outstanding games against us

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two great midweek cup results for the port (I didn't know about mondays game) beating Gartcairn and Thorniewood both 2-1, interested to see who the opposition will be in the next round.

Also well done to Benburb and Cambuslang securing promotion, well deserved.

The No.9 up front for Benburb was a cracking player very very impressed.

And Mcrum fae Lanark is an outstanding midfielder who has the ability to play at a much higher level.

For Forth McLaren just by a whisker followed by every member of our squad. A collection of young lads with a few oldies that work tirelessly for each other and never give up.

Two great midweek cup results for the port (I didn't know about mondays game) beating Gartcairn and Thorniewood both 2-1, interested to see who the opposition will be in the next round.

Also well done to Benburb and Cambuslang securing promotion, well deserved.

Port Glasgow have been great this season apart from one costly slip up late on.

Looking good for next year and will be looking on with interest in your cup run next few weeks.

Agree about Forth no9. Total footballer. Not sure how old he is but a real class act. Also impressed with Yami at Gartcairn and of course Willie McLaren at Forth. Ive followed his career closely since I witnessed first hand him standing up to Bomber Brown whilst at Clyde. Cant go into too much detail in case Bomber reads this ,but absolute comedy gold to see Bomber speechles that anyone had the baws to stand up to him. Willie has that real "gallus" attitude that you cant instil in people. A class act indeed.

Forth 3 v 2 Royal Albert

Curtain brought down on a remarkable season for the Wanderers tonight.

Trophy will be presented next Saturday when we take on girvan in the Cup.

Tomorrow Evening promises to be a great night at the player of the year Social.

Again a Big Congrats to jamie, Brian, Jim and all the players for a first class effort all season and the hard working Committee for making it possible.

🔴⚪ï¸âš«ï¸ðŸ‘

Seen some similar threads but who is your player of the division and the opposition player that stood out against your team

Player of the division - Wullie McLaren Forth (yip I'm biased)

Opposition - don't know the lads name but the goalie from Newmains had 2 outstanding games against us

I think that McLaren deserves this plaudit for his goalscoring record. I think he missed a few sitters against us in the first game when you hammered us 1-1, or his total would have been higher. Scored all 4 in the championship clinching game, which you can't argue with.

Obviously we see our own players far more and therefore for consistently showing a higher ability than our various opponents over the season I would have to say Alan McCrum. I hope he stays with us next season but agree with other comments made on here that he could play at a couple of levels higher, if he so wished.

I think that McLaren deserves this plaudit for his goalscoring record. I think he missed a few sitters against us in the first game when you hammered us 1-1, or his total would have been higher. Scored all 4 in the championship clinching game, which you can't argue with.

Obviously we see our own players far more and therefore for consistently showing a higher ability than our various opponents over the season I would have to say Alan McCrum. I hope he stays with us next season but agree with other comments made on here that he could play at a couple of levels higher, if he so wished.

8)

BC you're top man for a L*n*rk supporter, but from a historical (biased) point of view, I'm delighted that the Gow & Forth will be playing in a division higher than the staid South Lanarkshire teams particularly Carluke, Slater has got what he deserved, Brogan is an absolute gentleman & football guru but not sure what went wrong with your promotion challenge after a great start. Wee Rab came back to keep us in the division, great credit to Jacko also, let's all aim higher next season, feeling the South Lanarkshire love!

Can't wait to play the Gow, but Lanark should've went up! Carluke deserved to go down, really poor team. Long ball shite!

Could've, should've could be our nickname! In season's gone by I have come away from games feeling that we were genuinely unlucky not to take points from certain games but I can't think of many in the past season where I came away feeling aggrieved. One of the few games I missed was the infamous match at EK where we lost a 0-3 lead from half time so maybe I would have done had I been there.

We got what we ultimately deserved. If we can keep the nucleus of the same squad they can use the experience to good use.

If we have a free weekend when Gow and Forth are playing, it will be my Plan B

8)

BC you're top man for a L*n*rk supporter, but from a historical (biased) point of view, I'm delighted that the Gow & Forth will be playing in a division higher than the staid South Lanarkshire teams particularly Carluke, Slater has got what he deserved, Brogan is an absolute gentleman & football guru but not sure what went wrong with your promotion challenge after a great start. Wee Rab came back to keep us in the division, great credit to Jacko also, let's all aim higher next season, feeling the South Lanarkshire love!

Of course you do and why not? Having only lived in the area for the past 10 years and being of a certain vintage I don't see our neighbours in Forth, Carluke or The Gow as anything more than another opponent.

As for what happened to our promotion challenge, we lost our two main strikers from around November and the league table shows how few goals we scored compared to all our rivals. Despite having a great defensive record up to the few games of the season, we all know goals scored wins prizes.

Agree about Forth no9. Total footballer. Not sure how old he is but a real class act. Also impressed with Yami at Gartcairn and of course Willie McLaren at Forth. Ive followed his career closely since I witnessed first hand him standing up to Bomber Brown whilst at Clyde. Cant go into too much detail in case Bomber reads this ,but absolute comedy gold to see Bomber speechles that anyone had the baws to stand up to him. Willie has that real "gallus" attitude that you cant instil in people. A class act indeed.

Willie has had that "gallus" attitude since his younger years in Easterhouse playing with guys a good few years older..never looked out his depth...the wee shite put a few past me...

Archived