West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

Been saying it all along Port Glasgow home and away are the best team we've faced this season.

Few months ago Lanark were running away with it, then Cambuslang looked certs, only a fool would pick a winner at the moment.

I'll go for Port Glasgow :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lanark's tactics baffled many of us yesterday. Team selection too. We played a tiny trialist up front, who I am told is not normally a forward, against a huge defence.

Gartcairn deserved the win, over the 90 minutes, without being impressive. A big, powerful and fitter side compared to Lanark. Our young goalkeeper was MoM in my view.

Still very much in our own hands with Pt Glasgow, Cambuslang, Forth and Benburb still to play ass well as Ashfield and VoL, both of whom we have lost to.

Read on another forum Lanark have only had 1 League win in the their last 8 league games and taken 6 points out of a possible 24 from last 8 games

Another poor performance yesterday by all accounts

Saw them at start of season and thought they would have gone up comfortably

What's happened with the Lanark collapse ?

Watched Forth in recent weeks and they are flying at the moment with a good mixture of experience and youth and a good backing from their support

Would be good to see Forth going up as they deserve it

Still very much in our own hands with Pt Glasgow, Cambuslang, Forth and Benburb still to play ass well as Ashfield and VoL, both of whom we have lost to.

That's a huge ask as the teams above are top sides.

Forth have played all their games against Port, Camby and Gartcairn.

Lanark will need to pull a bit of form and consistency from somewhere and quick before the teams above them pull away.

Suppose in a way you won't have to depend on others if you can get results against Camby, Port and Forth then it will all take care of itself.

Huge ask though.

Yes mate but it's now in Forth's own hands and that makes a difference

and you have a good set of fixtures

to come

9 points should see you promoted as fellow promotion teams will take points off each other in the weeks ahead

When was the last time Forth were promoted? Funnily enough I wasn't impressed with them when they lost to the Port at their own park but since then they seem to have hit form and at the right time of the season!

When was the last time Forth were promoted? Funnily enough I wasn't impressed with them when they lost to the Port at their own park but since then they seem to have hit form and at the right time of the season!

Never been out the bottom league in 25 years, think when we've played Port has been our two worst performances of the season but that was due to Port playing well also

Team is flying just now for sure and think that's 6 wins out of 7 including home and away against Gartcairn and yesterday against Cambuslang, was a decent crowd from the village there again yesterday and the whole wee club is enjoying itself at the moment.

Management and Players are flying, supporters are pinching themselves and hoping that this run can continue but special mention to our committee who have been doing the same thankless task for about 35/40 years it's those guys you hope we can get promoted for

Gonna Wanarurs âš½ï¸âš½ï¸

Since the leagues were restructured don't think we've ever been promoted.

Must be twenty odd years since any sort of promotion.

Think Port have made us look average the times we've played them right hard working teams who fight and harry for everything.

Before anybody says anything that is a 100% compliment.

Never been out the bottom league in 25 years, think when we've played Port has been our two worst performances of the season but that was due to Port playing well also

Team is flying just now for sure and think that's 6 wins out of 7 including home and away against Gartcairn and yesterday against Cambuslang, was a decent crowd from the village there again yesterday and the whole wee club is enjoying itself at the moment.

Management and Players are flying, supporters are pinching themselves and hoping that this run can continue but special mention to our committee who have been doing the same thankless task for about 35/40 years it's those guys you hope we can get promoted for

Gonna Wanarurs âš½ï¸âš½ï¸

I think it would be a good thing if Forth get promoted particularly for those who have worked so hard over the years on behalf of your club.

That's a huge ask as the teams above are top sides.

Forth have played all their games against Port, Camby and Gartcairn.

Lanark will need to pull a bit of form and consistency from somewhere and quick before the teams above them pull away.

Suppose in a way you won't have to depend on others if you can get results against Camby, Port and Forth then it will all take care of itself.

Huge ask though.

Never said it would be easy but, it is still possible. We beat both Pt Glasgow and Cambuslang taking 5 goals off both of them and gained a point against Forth who played well when we didn't so the players hopefully won't go into it thinking it can't be done.

The way we are playing we are just as likely to win those games and lose the other two!

Read on another forum Lanark have only had 1 League win in the their last 8 league games and taken 6 points out of a possible 24 from last 8 games

Another poor performance yesterday by all accounts

Saw them at start of season and thought they would have gone up comfortably

What's happened with the Lanark collapse ?

Watched Forth in recent weeks and they are flying at the moment with a good mixture of experience and youth and a good backing from their support

Would be good to see Forth going up as they deserve it

Hard to put a finger on our demise. Despite our good defensive record we have lost some bad goals, yesterday being a prime example.

Like everyone, we've had injuries. Bryan Cauldwell's injury has hampered us as he was scoring

. Kris Jarvie made a welcome, if surprise comeback. He was looking quite sharp and scored one or two critical goals when he too took a bad one.

I think we have looked less fit than some teams which could be another factor.

Never said it would be easy but, it is still possible. We beat both Pt Glasgow and Cambuslang taking 5 goals off both of them and gained a point against Forth who played well when we didn't so the players hopefully won't go into it thinking it can't be done.

The way we are playing we are just as likely to win those games and lose the other two!

Correct too close to call.

Take the games at Cambuslang and Forth on Saturday a win for either Benburb or East Kilbride and both teams will close right up and believe they could well be promoted.

Many points do we think

A Wins the Division

B Gains Promotion

C Your 1-2-3

Be interesting to see people's thoughts and look back once we are done

I'll kick it off with

A Need at least 42 points to win

B Need at least 38 for promotion

C Port Glasgow, Forth, Cambuslang in that order

Lanark's tactics baffled many of us yesterday. Team selection too. We played a tiny trialist up front, who I am told is not normally a forward, against a huge defence.

Gartcairn deserved the win, over the 90 minutes, without being impressive. A big, powerful and fitter side compared to Lanark. Our young goalkeeper was MoM in my view.

was very impressed with your young gk he stood out for me. What's his background ie where did yous sign him from he looked the part very confident

was very impressed with your young gk he stood out for me. What's his background ie where did yous sign him from he looked the part very confident

I believe we signed Ryan from Juvenile football last season. He has actually played much of this season at left back! I am glad to say he is back in goal for us as he is much more athletic, communicates well and distributes the ball with his feet much better than his predecessors this season.

He came with a reputation of being versatile and he has proven that. He is a brave keeper too, as you saw on Saturday.

Archived