West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-38124-14590806588503_thumb.jpgpost-38124-14590806722875_thumb.jpg

Think this next batch fixtures could be pivotal in shaping who is going to be involved in the promotion fight with in my opinion 2 stand out fixtures of forth v cambuslang and gartcairn v lanark

Throw in port glasgow who can make it difficult to catch for promotion if they can go to newmains and win and finally victorys for east kilbride and benburb are a must to keep them in with a shout

A certain individual is constantly referred to on here due to the fact that he has played at a higher level.

It occurs to me that we ignore some of the other guys in our division who have performed well and are maybe even exceeding expectations and who rarely get mentioned on this thread.

Who do the regular contributors consider have been the stand out performers in the division this season? Who could play at a higher level? Who has entertained you the most?

By definition, most of us have seen far more of our own team than the others so it is harder to comment on guys who have been playing consistently well if we have not seen them.

Gary Mcmullen, John Rennie and Barry Mcgeechan are three top players to add to the classy Wullie McLaren.

Forth are actually full of young guys that have came up from the amateur game and are playing well above expectations.

Great mix of youth and experience.

Number of very good players at Port Glasgow, Tam Jamieson being the obvious one having dropped down a few leagues from Largs and could easily be playing super premier, there are also Dylan McLaughlin and Barry Stanton who are real mavericks and on their day could grace any junior team, unfortunately both come with discipline problems which has no doubt hampered their career., something Bruno the Port manager has worked hard all season to eradicate. The other boy at the Port I think can go onto better things is young centre mid Danny Bamford, with the right coaching he could step up the leagues

Just to echo what Fabi said, the players he mentioned have been brilliant for Port Glasgow this season.

Great league this season, imo there are still nine teams that will think they are in with a chance of promotion.

Tam is only available when not working but continues to play friendlies and trains weekly

Based on my opinion on other clubs.

Number 9 for Benburb big lad great skill and strength

Wullie McLaren (Forth) scored 4 in 2 games against us and great feet

Right back for Lanark always  strong

Tam is only available when not working but continues to play friendlies and trains weekly

Based on my opinion on other clubs.

Number 9 for Benburb big lad great skill and strength

Wullie McLaren (Forth) scored 4 in 2 games against us and great feet

Right back for Lanark always  strong

I am wondering if you are referring to John Renwick who is a most consistent player.

The lad who is the most entertaining and who can play at a higher level is Alan McCrum.

He is the most skilful player that I can think of in our division. He is unpredictable, gets booked more often than we, and he, would like. He gets kicked all over and comes back for more.

He's getting better at timing when to pass and when to run with the ball and doesn't go back to beat a player again for the sake of it which he was guilty of.

He often makes us laugh at his antics which is welcome as you don't often get much fun at games.

Gartcairn army, I won't disagree with your opinion, but i'll be accused of bias lol, but he's been our best player for past 2 seasons,in what is a relatively young benburb squad,which if can stay intact will omly get better

Archived