West 2nd Division 2015/16

Gartcairn Army

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jealously is a terrible thing. IMO I welcome a good new team like gartcairn to the juniors. If they can attract top players good on them I say for me its a big plus for our game

Thanks John, Ive no idea what the ex hibs thing is all about right enough lol the support we have had from 90% of clubs has been great but there are always a few who disagree.

Thanks lads

our first few seasons will be a bit of a whirl wind for us but our long term plan is to now offer the children playing in the academy a proper pathway to senior football. Hopefully in two years we will start to see a flow of young talent come through the ranks - we will also be applying to enter the central scottish to have an amateur team at this level where the children may not be good enough to step up to the juniors and of course throughout the season they may go up and come down.

It has been the game plan since 2007 when i created the academy and so far its on the right road.

I would like to thank all the people on here wishing us well and no matter the result we hope to offer the players, commitee and the supports a decent day out when at our park.

we will also be applying to enter the central scottish to have an amateur team at this level where the children may not be good enough to step up to the juniors and of course throughout the season they may go up and come down.

Central Scottish is prob a higher standard than district level Juniors and bottom of Super 1st

Guy has a valid point wee man. The top sides from fosters central would do really well in the district league, that's for sure.

A higher standard than the bottom of super first? I know you are knowing to talk some shite but take a day off

A higher standard than the bottom of super first? I know you are knowing to talk some shite but take a day off

IMO Colville, Harestanes, Wellhouse, Drumchapel, Greenock FP would cope just fine against your Ardeers, Thorniewood, Neilston, Yoker etc. I would consider Hurlford Thistle to be of Central standard too and I reckon they would be fine in Super 1st.

Its all about opinions, theres no way of proving who's opinion is right, if you dont agree then don't agree but ffs chill out.

IMO Colville, Harestanes, Wellhouse, Drumchapel, Greenock FP would cope just fine against your Ardeers, Thorniewood, Neilston, Yoker etc. I would consider Hurlford Thistle to be of Central standard too and I reckon they would be fine in Super 1st.

Its all about opinions, theres no way of proving who's opinion is right, if you dont agree then don't agree but ffs chill out.

Bang on the money. If we played a harestanes / drumchapel , colville for example i would be expecting just a hard a game as the junior sides you have mentioned. The jump up is when you get into the top half of the super 1st and obviosuly the premier. We have some good sides and good players in the district leagues but there are also lots of good sides and players at the top end of the amateur game.

Just like out top 4 or 5 junior sides would compete in the lower scottish league.

Anyway good luck to all sides in second div next season will be a good league one to watch out for !

Bang on the money. If we played a harestanes / drumchapel , colville for example i would be expecting just a hard a game as the junior sides you have mentioned. The jump up is when you get into the top half of the super 1st and obviosuly the premier. We have some good sides and good players in the district leagues but there are also lots of good sides and players at the top end of the amateur game.

Just like out top 4 or 5 junior sides would compete in the lower scottish league.

Exactly.

That was my pont.

Hypothetically, lets take the 12 teams from Central SAFL and add in your bottom 4 from this seasons super 1st and also the 4 promoted teams from this season, would the top 8 in a 20 team league be the 8 super 1st sides. I dont think they would.

post-25425-14343098240623_thumb.jpg

Cotter thats a big statement to say they all pay. I can confirm for a fact that the Colville Park players dont get a penny, neither did the Drumchapel Utd team back in the day!

Its easy to have a pop and say that they only have a good side because they pay players. What you dont understand is that alot of the lads just dont want to plau junior and are happy with their mates at a good, very well run side!

Now im not saying that some amatuer teams dont pay players, but i can correct you on two!

Cotter thats a big statement to say they all pay. I can confirm for a fact that the Colville Park players dont get a penny, neither did the Drumchapel Utd team back in the day!

Its easy to have a pop and say that they only have a good side because they pay players. What you dont understand is that alot of the lads just dont want to plau junior and are happy with their mates at a good, very well run side!

Now im not saying that some amatuer teams dont pay players, but i can correct you on two!

they got offered jobs at both teams

Archived