ADL 2015/16

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it will be 2 teams from irvine vics Girvan and darvel to get promotion and we aren't even half way through this season.is the standard poor this year?

I think the standard is poor this year. Irvine Vics and Girvan are way ahead of the rest but Vics were beat 7-1 and 5-0 in the 1st round of the major cups. Darvel are the only team that could maybe challenge but there lack of discipline in big games costs them to many points. Craigmark and Muirkirk have improved but are nowhere near challenging for promotion. Annbank and Kello are no better than last year and Whitletts,Lugar,Ardeer,Saltcoats and Dalry are all weaker than last year.

I think the standard is poor this year. Irvine Vics and Girvan are way ahead of the rest but Vics were beat 7-1 and 5-0 in the 1st round of the major cups. Darvel are the only team that could maybe challenge but there lack of discipline in big games costs them to many points. Craigmark and Muirkirk have improved but are nowhere near challenging for promotion. Annbank and Kello are no better than last year and Whitletts,Lugar,Ardeer,Saltcoats and Dalry are all weaker than last year.

Can't argue with any that!

Would imagine Girvan would have one of the biggest budgets in the league and with a team of players from the division above its no surprise to see them up there. Darvel and Irvine Vics have pretty settled squads so that makes a big difference. Whitletts, with a big budget have been disappointing. I think everyone expected the promotion 2 to be from those 4.

The rest, I can't imagine have much money between them so it's no surprise to see the gap closing and not in a good way. Harder and harder for the smaller clubs, especially to keep a group together in order to mount a challenge. George has done well at Muirkirk and the Craigmark lads have done well also.

Yes he has signed with ardeer Peter mc the chairman said the other day. He also mentioned of a Talbot legend coming to ardeer next couple of weeks. Ardeer on the way up watch this space. Kris Boyd down training the boys as well I'm lead to believe

Craig Breen from winton rovers to ardeer as seen on the winton website but doesn't seem to be on ardeer website.can any1 confirm ? never been a fan when I've played against him but this is my opinion

Heard that Girvan have a home league game against Craigmark if their Scottish tie is off?

Any truth?

There's nothing to confirm it on the referee appointments list (unlike the provisional AWR v Maybole game in the first division)

Yes he has signed with ardeer Peter mc the chairman said the other day. He also mentioned of a Talbot legend coming to ardeer next couple of weeks. Ardeer on the way up watch this space. Kris Boyd down training the boys as well I'm lead to believe

As said before not sure craig is a player who can bring them on the up.My question is why did he leave winton rovers when they had it all to play for ?? Not needed ? Kind of explains alot in my honest opinion.Talbot legend sounds abit far fetched but again hopefully some good news for a good old junior side

If darvel hadn't had 4 players sent off against Irvine vics and girvan respectively they would still be unbeaten

Girvan got really lucky having to play ten men for 87 minutes but I never saw anything to say they have better players than darvel

Irvine vics are just no as good as darvel simples

I expect darvel to beat both them next time they play

Oh and whitletts will win every game they have left n sneak the title ha ha

The truth is that Darvel are dependant on other teams helping them out in order to finish above Girvan & Irvine Vics, if Darvel beat Irvine on Sat they are still a point behind so Irvine still favourites

Darvel are always on about keeping 11 on the park, was it not true that the last time you played Irvine you had 11 against Irvine 10 for about 20 mins before you lost 2 late sending offs, also if you are depending on other teams then how you going to go above Irvine Vics who will still be in front of you if you manage to win tomorrow

Agreed plenty of points to be won or lost, be surprised if games are on tomorrow, but Irvine Vic's have the points on the board, and the support is delighted about that.

However, after the cruel luck we had last season, the boys will all know that promotion is still a fair way away still.

Enjoying this season, too many folk being negative about the standard in the ADL

Girvan took Beith to a replay, Muirkirk done the same at Tayport, Darvel had a great win last week, plenty to be optimistic about

Archived