ADL 2015/16

Kirky 4-4-2, arguably more money ?? Don't know about that, Troon, Kello and the Buffs shelled out a few bob as did Irvine Vics and Saltcoats with less success, the current Muirkirk side does have more experience in Deeney/Russell etc, the majority of the Muirkirk side back in 2011 were straight out of boys club

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kirky 4-4-2, arguably more money ?? Don't know about that, Troon, Kello and the Buffs shelled out a few bob as did Irvine Vics and Saltcoats with less success, the current Muirkirk side does have more experience in Deeney/Russell etc, the majority of the Muirkirk side back in 2011 were straight out of boys club

Less success than who? not Muirkirk surely? am I not correct in saying that during this time vics, buffs, troon have either won or been promoted from the ADL? for your info on Saturday Gary, Soapy and Peck were the only ones stripped that are not currently playing u19's football signed on dual contracts I believe. I'm presuming you have something to do with the 2011 team? related to manager, past player or perhaps your a past player or manager yourself. Finishing with 23pts in 2011 is a strange thing to boast about, if the current crop finish with 23pts or more then I would be purely citing a massive improvement not boasting, to compare the 2011 squad to the current crop still playing boys club (you said yourself the 2011 squad was a majority of boys straight out of boys club u21's i'm presuming) is wrong, I think i'm correct in saying that there are only 3 boys available to the coaches over 18 (not counting deeney). At the end of the day we can harp back to seasons prior to 2011 where past teams have done better than that 2011 crop of players or indeed this current crop, the basis of my comments is that whilst nobody is getting carried away or predicting great things, there are signs there that with the correct infrastructure could lift the Kirk out the doldrums and not seeing the team finishing with 23pts as an achievement but a failure. We all should be striving to improve from the bottom to the top i'm sure Talbot haven't had the success they have had without striving to improve year in year out.

I think their indiscipline on Saturday was a one off, I wouldn't put that down to Big Jonny!! He actually gave the boy that got the 2nd red a bit of a hard time on the way off, so i don't think he will stand for it!
IMO I would put it down to him and his coaching staff. Don't get me wrong I liked the big man as a player but when he was in the dugout at Troon, then at Whitletts with Steph,he was a nightmare. He has continued that behaviour now he's a No 1. When we played them,every coming together that happened they screamed at the referee and if they knew Annbank had the decision,they would berate him further to produce a card. It was a poor display from the big man as he used to put it about as a player and expected some leeway from the officials given the physical nature of the game.T

Got to pick you up on a couple of points Kirky442 , Diarmid & big Darren both started on Saturday & Shaun was on the bench ,all these boys are over18 but the biggest point is that by your reasoning if we loose every game from now on & finish with 6pts you think that will be a good season because it's an improvement on last season but if we get 23pts it's nothing to boast about ?? Well I for 1 think if we achieve that total it'll be something to boast about . Oh & by the way nothing like putting pressure on the manager

IMO I would put it down to him and his coaching staff. Don't get me wrong I liked the big man as a player but when he was in the dugout at Troon, then at Whitletts with Steph,he was a nightmare. He has continued that behaviour now he's a No 1. When we played them,every coming together that happened they screamed at the referee and if they knew Annbank had the decision,they would berate him further to produce a card. It was a poor display from the big man as he used to put it about as a player and expected some leeway from the officials given the physical nature of the game.

T

Tbh that all that makes him no different to the majority of managers in the league including the ones at Irvine Vics.

Got to pick you up on a couple of points Kirky442 , Diarmid & big Darren both started on Saturday & Shaun was on the bench ,all these boys are over18 but the biggest point is that by your reasoning if we loose every game from now on & finish with 6pts you think that will be a good season because it's an improvement on last season but if we get 23pts it's nothing to boast about ?? Well I for 1 think if we achieve that total it'll be something to boast about . Oh & by the way nothing like putting pressure on the manager

Where's the pressure? The manager has already achieved more in 5 games than previous managers full seasons, Big Darren is 19 sorry Diarmid over 20 so boot my balls 5 boys over 20 available. And where did you get I would be happy for 6pts being an improvement ???? what I said was we all look to improve and as it stands we've improved but reaching 23pts which you two seem to be harping on about, WOULD be a significant improvement from last few years but if your boasting level (and im talking about the supporters here) is to reach 23pts and finish 7th good for you, its great for the manager because he's done something special with a young untried team (not sure many more would be capable), and for the players because they're improving under his coaching its a win win. Out of the 15/16 on Saturday 9 were 18 or under and at one point 8 were on the park does that clarify it enough for you. The clarity you seek is the difference between Significant Improvement (which you would need to be an idiot not to be happy with) and finishing 7th and BOASTING about it. I'm sure the coaching team would be delighted with any improvement as they've done the job they were brought in to do but as I pointed out with the right infrastructure management retention etc we could expect greater things. I hope this clarifies my view.

So your post was wrong kirky442 maybe you should check your fact before posting . You said you want to see the team improving every season do by my maths 6pts is better than 4pts so you'll be happy ? Out of interest how long have you supported muirkirk ?

So your post was wrong kirky442 maybe you should check your fact before posting . You said you want to see the team improving every season do by my maths 6pts is better than 1pt , so you'll be happy ? Out of interest how long have you supported muirkirk ?

Slightly wrong i'll give you that but more splitting hairs on your part than anything subtantial, but I live in the here and now not 4 seasons ago I asked a question regarding when was the last time the team won 2 in a row and it was kindly answered as for the other its none of your business I am not interested in how long you've been supporting them if you do

So your post was wrong kirky442 maybe you should check your fact before posting . You said you want to see the team improving every season do by my maths 6pts is better than 1pt , so you'll be happy ? Out of interest how long have you supported muirkirk ?

Slightly wrong i'll give you that but more splitting hairs on your part than anything substantial, but I live in the here and now not 4 seasons ago I asked a question regarding when was the last time the team won 2 in a row and it was kindly answered as for the other its none of your business I am not interested in how long you've been supporting them if you do

Kirky 4-4-2, was neither part of the management or playing staff back in 2011, I followed Muirkirk on more than a few occasions more so when Talbot were away from home and with being from Catrine I knew I few of the young lads parents, in my opinion 22 points for Muirkirk is something to boast about, probably their highest points tally in the last 10 to 15 years, as for yourself ? Mmm ? Brand new Muirkirk supporter coinciding with a new management era, 2 wins on the bounce and you are in here chastising previous management and players achievements ?? True club supporter/s do not act in that manner, anyhow, good luck to Muirkirk for the rest of the season, have one of the hardest working committee men up there in Billy Tait.

Ardeer will hump you next week.

You were close, but wrong again!! Balfour only got 2 this week, does that make us O'Conner FC this week, since he got his 2nd hat trick in 2 games??

You were close, but wrong again!! Balfour only got 2 this week, does that make us O'Conner FC this week, since he got his 2nd hat trick in 2 games??

Two were penalties though! And we didn't have a goalie! I wasn't there due to work but still like to get my excuses in.

Thanks for remembering me,I'd forgotten all about you whoever are.lol

There's always somebody you can reel in without trying very hard .lol Still Balfour Vic's! !!

Two were penalties though! And we didn't have a goalie! I wasn't there due to work but still like to get my excuses in.
Just caught on .Collie in goals! Get's worse every week.Given that, losing just 5-1 was a moral victory for Ardeer.

Just caught on .Collie in goals! Get's worse every week.Given that, losing just 5-1 was a moral victory for Ardeer.

John you have went right down in my estimations instead of coming on here and voicing your displeasure why not do your bit for your so called team rather than slagging them.

Todays result flatters the vics the game was tight until the ref have the softest pen I've seen in my time in football.

Archived