ADL 2015/16

I don't know how you can judge a team when they aren't required to get out of first gear.

And I'm sick of seeing this argument about Balfour. It is unfair to infer Whitletts are a one man team because Balfour is the outstanding forward in the league. Any other team would have to adapt just the same without someone of his ability, in the same way Kilwinning did last year when their outstanding player Ben Lewis was injured around Christmas.

Your sick of seeing it because you know it's the truth.Wasn't all one way traffic yesterday till about 10 mins from the end so this not getting out of 1st gear stuff is putting on brave face.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Balfour is by far the best striker I faced when playing in the ADL and it's a shame he hasn't ended up at a premier team as IMO he'd be a great addition to any off them. Don't now what's held him back ,maybe doesn't drive, but it is a shame he hasn't plied his trade at the top table

Watched Annbank yesterday against Irvine, Annbank dont look like challengers but it is only one game played, notice Irvine had not much in reseve either, Annbank sidelines look as if they will cause more problems than the team, very vocal at every tackle and always looking for a booking / sending off from the ref

Balfour is by far the best striker I faced when playing in the ADL and it's a shame he hasn't ended up at a premier team as IMO he'd be a great addition to any off them. Don't now what's held him back ,maybe doesn't drive, but it is a shame he hasn't plied his trade at the top table

Got to agree he was the standout for Whitletts, good pace and a good finisher.

Here's a question, Balfour or Forsyth ,, Forsyth for me not as quick but a better finisher and has a better attitude

Tried to sign Tony as my first signing at Annbank. Couldn't get deal done and he joined Whitletts .. Really rate him as a player.

When I couldn't get Tony we then moved for Adam. Great lad and always willing to listen and improve his game. He developed well with us and has now made a quite big step up easily and continued improving.

Both very good players but the fact Adam is playing at higher level and doing the business week in week out swings it for me !

Of course I'm slightly biased .. Ha

Balfour was ok! But f**k me Ardeer weren't exactly anything to boast about on this occasion. A hard tackle

And that fairy wouldn't know what him

Yous couldn't get near him to put a hard tackle in!! Don't be kidded, the wee man gets smashed week in, week out, but just gets on with it. Coming up on 100 goals in just over 2 seasons, thats not including friendlies. Probably should be playing at a higher level, but he loves it at Whitletts, where he's a local boy and playing with a good few of his mates!

Ok fair enough you watch him week in week out, If he is scoring the way he has been then I'm sure he will be picked up shortly. What sort of contract is he on?

He's got a couple of year left ah think!

Tony Balfour and Adam Forsyth are two very talented young footballers. I have no question Tony could go on and play at a higher level. Adam is doing well at Troon from what I hear but his attitude isn't the greatest. For me Balfour has a better work ethic and is the best finisher out of the two as well. He is also a lot quicker than Adam and one day I think the two could play well together in the same team. Maybe Vic's team.(wishful thinking) ;)

Yous couldn't get near him to put a hard tackle in!! Don't be kidded, the wee man gets smashed week in, week out, but just gets on with it. Coming up on 100 goals in just over 2 seasons, thats not including friendlies. Probably should be playing at a higher level, but he loves it at Whitletts, where he's a local boy and playing with a good few of his mates!
Terry Tibs,just out of interest,who exactly do you mean by "yous" above? Don't think he's got anything to do with Ardeer in any way!

What a load of bull, if it was not for the contract he is on then Balfour would be playing at a higher level where he deserves to be, the money that Whitletts demand for him are holding the boy back

What a load of bull, if it was not for the contract he is on then Balfour would be playing at a higher level where he deserves to be, the money that Whitletts demand for him are holding the boy back

Thats Bullshit!! Whitletts have never had a concrete offer in for the boy! If Tony wanted away, then Whitletts would never stand in his way!

A suppose by talking about him a lot, Other managers are preparing a bid as we speak

Aye, but can they afford him though?? The quicker this transfer windae shuts the mora the better!!

Only way tony wont see the season out is for hachet men... .the wee fella just wants to play football ffs..keep your opinions to yourself regarding his personal life.hes not on here slaging anyone so no very fair..

Well said mate!!

To be honest I have also heard he is on a long term contract and would take a very large sum to sign him, in this day and age of junior bosman I can't see any clubs paying big money now and trying to sign him if true. Why would you when they could try entice another super league player out of contract

Archived