ADL 2015/16

having found out who dougie was today the lad with the ponytail then take it from me he will not go to a higher level, thought Darvel deserved the win today but if I were a Darvel fan I would take the 5-1 win with a bit of precaution, a bit of in discipline from the vics cost them dearly I thought, 2 teams trying to play football and good on them, more than 15 fans there as well, it will be close towards them, football crazy 09, where were you

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good. That's twice you've watched Darvel in a week, both times Doogie played and you didn't notice him the first time and thought he had grown a pony tail in a week..............haha right enough

does that not tell you he is not a stand out player, all Darvel vics players today were average, Irvine vics slightly worse than average, tells you a lot about the ADL

if Dougie is the guy who was sent off v Ardeer they had to come and drag him away into the dressing room.

Not quite an answer to the posters question, but not many people would take a lecture in discipline seriously if it came from Ardeer.

Kanye87 your always on replying to people you insist you should ignore, darvel are decent adl side no one on here disagrees with that but people have questioned the boy dougie attitude before he kicked a ball and he has only went and done what tbe poster said a decent player but sent off way to much, darvel have now had a fair few dismissals in recent games which suggest the manager cant control his players agression

Valleyboy and darvel legend were on here making darvel out to be world beaters no doubting they have a decent side that will compete but after today they maybe should keep the arrogance to themselves as they have both said darvel will win the league and people are pointing out their performance due the way they have built themselves up, its hard enough against top teams with 11 men never mind 8 the results against ardeer n irvine vics will show them where they are.

Kanye87 your always on replying to people you insist you should ignore, darvel are decent adl side no one on here disagrees with that but people have questioned the boy dougie attitude before he kicked a ball and he has only went and done what tbe poster said a decent player but sent off way to much, darvel have now had a fair few dismissals in recent games which suggest the manager cant control his players agression

When was it I was talking up Darvel? "Results against Ardeer and Irvine Vics will show them where they are." Then after both games have been played, games in which the opposition had a player sent off in both games, you come back talking about our discipline. Given that you made the statement I have quoted, tell us where we are now?

Not quite an answer to the posters question, but not many people would take a lecture in discipline seriously if it came from Ardeer.

I'll admit this made me laugh! Our discipline record was shocking up to a couple of years ago, not quite so bad now though.

Darvel legend you come on here with the attitude that darvel are world beaters and a succesful side when was the last time they were promoted or won a cup?

Alot of darvel fans getting excited. Although i think they will be up there at the end of tbe season the ardagh games are for trying formations and changing players for fitness etc. Real games start in 2 weeks.

Darvel have got 2 good results after being pummeled by Hurlford. Don't think it matters when they last won anything as teams change year in year. I personally expect them to be 4th-5th but they've obtained two morale boosting wins against ADL rivals this week, so for once I can't criticise them!

Why would it not matter their so called supporters have been on this thread saying they will win league etc they have almost identical team to last year give or take a few players so why would a team that finished below ardeer n irvine vics two seasons ago and also behind ardrossan and buffs the previous season be so confident, just because a team beats another does not make them better football is a funny old game at times anf maybe darvel legend and others should show ardeer irvine vics etc some class and respect as they have shown in previous years they know how to get out of the district league where darvel have fell short.

Aye Chris you were right. They only took two off Ardeer but it should have been 5 by half time from what I'm told. Kilbirnie 6 Kilwinning Rangers 0...I can't see that happening...oooops it just did ha

Wasn't at the game but haven't heard a single other person from either side saying Darvel dominated the first half.

Why would it not matter their so called supporters have been on this thread saying they will win league etc they have almost identical team to last year give or take a few players so why would a team that finished below ardeer n irvine vics two seasons ago and also behind ardrossan and buffs the previous season be so confident, just because a team beats another does not make them better football is a funny old game at times anf maybe darvel legend and others should show ardeer irvine vics etc some class and respect as they have shown in previous years they know how to get out of the district league where darvel have fell short.

Us and Irvine Vics got promoted two seasons ago and both got relegated the season after. I don't see why Darvel should have to "respect" either team.

I do agree though that quite a few posters have been confidently building up Darvels promotion prospects. IIRC something similar happened a few years ago and they ended up mid-table. We'll see how they progress throughout the season.

Markka quick question considering darvel very recent past including some good finishes in the league position and their not so good position of a few seasons back do their supporters have the right to proclaim then as champions before the season starts

Answer no, use and irvine vics should rightfully be favourites for adl as use have experienced playing in league above and being promoted recently

Archived