ADL 2015/16

So the odds are out... Girvan (7/4) favourites with Darvel(4/1) second favourites.

Speaking personally, I'll be backing the Vale. However, think Irvine Vics may win the league again (said this with bitterness, dislike of the Vics).

Whitletts, won't be close - depend far too much on Balfour. Defence and keeper = shite.

Underdogs are Annbank and Saltcoats, they won't battle for promotion but will win their fair share of games.

Ardeer, don't have a clue what to expect. Who have they signed? Who have they lost? Hard place to go and sure they'll be somewhere about the top 5.

Rest of the teams will battle for the lower places, undecided on who will come last. Craigmark and Muirkirk both have the potential to be the whipping boys.

Ah well, my round up and opinion has been shared. More than likely all a load of bollocks but hey ho, part of what PnB is.

Cheers.

A few days ago you posted in this thread that Whitletts would finish 3rd, now they won't be close... which is it? And I'm not going to comment on the Whitletts defence because other than Raymond Buchanan I don't know who they are for a start, but Ally McInnes is a cracking keeper so I have to query how you arrive at your evaluation of him being "shite".

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see who won't be close then during the season. Darvel punched above there weight last season as underdogs so we'll see how good they really are when they are one of the favourites. Big talk from the Valley as per usual.

Just a personal opinion on the teams for promotion this year as this will be the toughest league for a long time.

I see Girvan as the best bet with a new manager in place and the signings he has made. The other candidates for promotion will come from Irvine Vics and Ardeer as both have the experience from being promoted the previous season, Whitletts and Darvel should push these teams close although Whitletts have been disappointing the last 2 seasons considering their outlay to sign players. Darvel's problems will be when the winter sets in and the problems with their pitch and fall behind with their fixtures.

As for the rest Saltcoats and Dalry will beat teams but consistency seems to be a problem although Saltcoats might be a dark horse with Derek Frye in charge. My outside bet for promotion is Annbank at the price of 33/1 as a good each way chance with Johnny Baillie in charge with some good signings in the close season.

Murkirk will improve under George Grierson as he will get them better organised and the signings he has made and a tremendous appointment by Muirkirk with Kello Rovers having a good finish to the season last year but they seem to like airing their problems on their Facebook page which really doesn't help the morale of the club and could struggle againthis season. Unfortunately I see Craigmark continuing where they left off last season.

Do you really believe that? Interesting, Irvine Vics, Ardeer, Whitletts, Girvan, Lugar? You are better than all these teams with your 1 more years junior experience

One thing I've got to say to u , ur username just about sums you up to a tee , you must have swithered between that and pishtalk and picked stain brain , well done

Aye ? Really ? Must be some league this year the adl

Listen carefully

Darvel will win the league

Same team as last year and all with one more years junior experience

Despite going down I think most Irvine Vics and Ardeer players will have improved and learned a bit playing against better quality players last season.

Kanye87 i understand your a darvel player suprised to see you still on this after acting the hardman in previous threads then having ago at others on here for it.

In my opinion darvel will do ok but darvel legend is way off the mark in his comments about them winning the league clearly no knowledge of football considering how far they were behind the buffs and winton the previous year and the fact ardeer and irvine vics got promoted the previous season infront of winton and a strong whitletts

Have you got a stutter Mr Kanye!? or are you a parrot!? ;)

Big talk from Darvel Legend and you are putting a hell of a lot of pressure on your extra 1 year junior experience team haha.

As for Girvan being favourites I don't see it myself but they should be up there come end of season. Irvine Vic's and Ardeer will be strong and I also expect Annbank Saltcoats and Muirkirk to be mid table challengers making it uneasy for the rest of us as well.

I think the Darvel boys believe that if they keep insisting on this page that they will win the league it will actually happen!a lot of other teams supporters will be confident of pushing for promotion but are quite happy to sit quietly confident and let there teams do the talking on the park!i do think Darvel will have a side that will compete as they have done the last 2/3 years but because they have played together for an extra year doesn't exactly mean they are certs for the title!too tight to call it for me just now but once we see some results in the Ardagh cup with Darvel ardeer and irvine vics in the same group maybe then If Darvel take 5 off both teams then Darvel can be confident but I can't see that happening.

I think the Darvel boys believe that if they keep insisting on this page that they will win the league it will actually happen!a lot of other teams supporters will be confident of pushing for promotion but are quite happy to sit quietly confident and let there teams do the talking on the park!i do think Darvel will have a side that will compete as they have done the last 2/3 years but because they have played together for an extra year doesn't exactly mean they are certs for the title!too tight to call it for me just now but once we see some results in the Ardagh cup with Darvel ardeer and irvine vics in the same group maybe then If Darvel take 5 off both teams then Darvel can be confident but I can't see that happening.

Take 5 off both teams...5? I canny see that happening either for some reason :lol:

Kanye87 how else do you post on a forum without making up an account then posting am sure it was the same the first time you posted...and you also are hiding behind a username kanye87,

back to football ardeer and irvine vics both romped the league a few seasons back and have not lost many players so surely they should be made favourites, darvel have come along way from the days of finishing near the bottom unlike the other poster i dont think the ardagh games between darvel ardeer n vics will show anything as in these games squads are being rotated to find the right balance.

The adl will be a competitive league and with loads of teams potentially challenging it makes for a more interesting spectacle, one thing for sure is darvel are a different team from years gone by and it shows the work on and off the park that their considered one of the favs for promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

The last time Ardeer where at Darvel there was 4 fans and a jack Russell, I hope this has changed over the last year and with the sounds of it, it's goin to be like the nou camp #TEAMDARVEL

Were your fans hiding tonight? Was expecting a big turnout after this comment, think you's managed 3 fans but nae dug.

Muirkirk will surprise a lot of teams this season watched them against Glenafton and Talbot 6-0 and 7-1 respectively but 7 boys in squad 18 or younger in seasons gone past it would have been a cricket score. At one point last night the back 4 total age was 69. Some Talbot fans and Tommy Sloan very complimentary. Can GG bring the boys on he's done it before?

Archived